AMERICAN STEEL "ROGUES MARCH" LP REISSUE + Reckless Kind LP (Am. Steel/AFI)

The Reckless Kind sound really good, but then some parts of songs are bad alt-country I guess. I don't know. A poppier version of Lucero is what I would call em from the small amount of songs I heard. A plus is shorter songs, never been into 5 minute songs. 2:30-3:00 is perfect in my book. Got both records even tho I got the American Steel one, give it to my firend for his b-day.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on ordering this reissue in the near future, but on a whim I decided to visit AKA Records in Philly. Someone must have unloaded a ton of punk vinyl recently, and I was able to purchase the original Lookout Records pressing for $19. I was pretty stoked on the find as I understand it's not readily available and/or cheap.

Good find, everytime I see amazing stuff I assume the person has passed on and the family just dropped em off. That happened to me and I went with my friends mom to help her, they were trying to give her $3-$5 a piece for early Promise Ring releases and every Descendents record and $2 for the early OG Dinosaur Jr. first record without the "Jr". Pretty much every SST release. I helped her sell to the proper people. You never know tho, he could have just not had time to sell em seperatly, who knows. Debbie Downer here, haha, my bad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone. Sorry for not checking back in here. All orders at this point barring one or two we have emailed folks about have shipped. Most of them shipped within a week of ordering. Often faster. There was some confusion on my shipping guys part about those first 8 or so orders who snuck in on the old website while I was out of town that should now all be taken care of. Anyway If you have not recieved your record please email [email protected] and we'll research what's going on. Barring those few orders from the old webstore, all domestic orders should have tracking info available in thier paypal accounts. Please also keep in mind that media mail is running very slowly right now. This usually happens in late summer in my experience and I was actually told that it's because a lot of people in processing take their vacations around now and media mail grinds to a near halt because there isn't the staff to fill the bins. I personally sent something to portland, oregon at the end of last month that took 3 weeks to arrive. Which is insane for a CA to OR transit. Anyway. Let us know if you're still hanging and we'll get it sorted. The vast majority of orders however shipped in a timely manner and continue to do so. Thanks for your patience.

I received this e-mail today:

"Unfortunately, there was a pressing problem with the Reckless Kind LPs and they were all recalled. There will be corrected copies eventually, but you dont want to wait, I can refund you the price of that LP and just send you the American Steel one. Please let me know.Thanks for your order!"

Hey Marc (and hello to all!)-

Yup- I had to pull back all of The Reckless Kind vinyl. Suffice to say it's been a major fucking headache. One day I decided to check out the vinyl of the record just for kicks, and once I dropped the needle, I immediately noticed more surface noise than had been on the test pressing. This was followed by a sort of thudding tick that happened once per revolution. This continues throughout the first 1:30 of the the first song. I started freaking out immediately, and just hoped that somehow I had grabbed a lone F'd copy. I rolled over to HQ and opened every single box of the vinyl, took one record from each and numbered both it and the box it came from to make my little survey as scientific as possible. I took them all home and listened to them and about 70% of them were hosed. Nightmare.

Since then, I have been in limbo with the pressing plant. There is finally a plan in place- they are coming to pick up all of the boxes from me on Monday, and will re-press and package the album the following week. So, if you are waiting on the album, it should be available again soon. I'm sorry for the trouble and we will certainly refund you the moolah if you prefer.

The whole thing is a bummer, as I really wanted the vinyl to be pressed here in California, but I will likely have to find a new plant to work with and they will probably be out of state.

Thanks to all who have purchased the albums!

Cheers,

Ryan