PO: Anberlin "Vital"

mmhmm

Anberlin always has awesome vinyl packaging.... just thinking...Vital, DITWLIAP, Cities, and New Surrender are all gatefold. Not to be too picky but an etching or something in the matrix would've been cool on side D if there's no music on it. Still super excited to be getting this, though.

That's exactly what I thought!

At least have something, maybe even a thank you recorded from the band.

I do like the idea of having a 12" and hanging up the D side of the 10". Not until way into the future though

I do like the idea of having a 12" and hanging up the D side of the 10". Not until way into the future though

I can say I have never seen a side completely void of anything grooves or etch. I definitely will be getting 12" as well when released and probably spin that more.

I don't recommend buying it from Anberlin's webstore. I mean I have yet to be able to test Vital but it was sent in the worst way possible. It seems like they got a big box that is one of the generic options at the post office and put the record in a bubbler, folded it over, and hoped it would not shuffle too much. There is no damage from the eyes point of view but I have never seen a worse job at packaging. They may as well of used a pizza box cause the box they used was even bigger.

I don't recommend buying it from Anberlin's webstore. I mean I have yet to be able to test Vital but it was sent in the worst way possible. It seems like they got a big box that is one of the generic options at the post office and put the record in a bubbler, folded it over, and hoped it would not shuffle too much. There is no damage from the eyes point of view but I have never seen a worse job at packaging. They may as well of used a pizza box cause the box they used was even bigger.

My poor copy is travelling to aus like that?

Gonna be painful

Haha, yeah I received my preorder package in a priority box and the posters it came with were bent to crap...so I called ShopBenchMark up and told them this and they sent me the two album flats again. But they put them a plastic bag between two pieces of cardboard and those arrived in worse shape than the originals. So I called them again and agreed to pay the $4 shipping cost for them to send me them in a vinyl box (protected). Not the smartest shippers but great customer service. Really nice guys.

Yikes... Mine just traveled to virginia. I mean I hope they would do better to ship an international package but who knows. I would not be surprised to see a box of vinyl flakes.

Got mine today.. Shipped in the same oversized box but i got lucky, everything survived!

Even the album flats only had the smallest dings on the corners.. Cant wait to spin this.

• 4 months later...

I have no idea. I don't think so, but it seems like there's a lot of outrageous shipping. I don't have all the facts, just offering.

And p.s. You're so right about the mix being crazy loud. Those high miss are outta control. My ears are seriously killing me. Never felt like this after a show before.

You honestly would want the band to record an audio clip of them talking to/thanking fans, and then press that onto vinyl? :huh:

I have no idea. I don't think so, but it seems like there's a lot of outrageous shipping. I don't have all the facts, just offering.

And p.s. You're so right about the mix being crazy loud. Those high miss are outta control. My ears are seriously killing me. Never felt like this after a show before.

Yep, it's bad.  Sorry man.