that samsung galaxy commercial...

My first dumbphone was a Droid Razr and it did what I needed it to do with no issues. I recently acquired an iPhone 4S and it is pretty much the same situation, so what it really boils down to is what brand you want to jock.

I sell phones for a living and I think the Apple vs. Android is simply ridiculous.  People take this shit far too seriously.  Both operating systems have their benefits as well as flaws.  The upside to iOS is that they have a limited number of products in which their operating system is designed for; where as, Android has a multitude of devices on a number of different tiers, therefore stating "Android is better than Apple" is a useless statement.  

As an Apple user I can still state that the Samsung Galaxy III is a great device, and whether Android fans would like to admit it, the iPhone is a great device as well.  With that said, there really is no need for a pissing contest between the two.  

Case and point:  if you like Android, buy and Android; if you like Apple, buy an Apple; use said devices and shut the fuck up.

I don't have an iPhone or have ever had one, but I do have an iPad and Android phone.  I just wish there was more consistency with Android phones.  One phone or a few phones that were just super stable and all ran the same.  It sucks to get a new Android and then a month later the same company puts out a better one(Motorola).  I'm considering Apple for my next phone, but I really like a lot of Android stuff it will all depend on what the phones look like when I'm up to get a new one(Fall).

I don't have an iPhone or have ever had one, but I do have an iPad and Android phone.  I just wish there was more consistency with Android phones.  One phone or a few phones that were just super stable and all ran the same.  It sucks to get a new Android and then a month later the same company puts out a better one(Motorola).  I'm considering Apple for my next phone, but I really like a lot of Android stuff it will all depend on what the phones look like when I'm up to get a new one(Fall).

I also have an Android phone and an iPad.  I think it's the perfect combo as you don't really miss out on anything.

If you prefer Android and would like to avoid being behind the curve (ie your Motorolla example), might I suggest only purchasing Nexus phones.  Nexus phones are Google's developer phones released each year generally with the latest Android OS and top tier hardware specs and always are the first to receive updates.

They are so good you could even upgrade every other year and have a phone that is still competitive.  For example I'm still using the Galaxy Nexus which was released in 2011 and I feel it is still superior to many newer phones.   

I sell phones for a living and I think the Apple vs. Android is simply ridiculous.  People take this shit far too seriously.  Both operating systems have their benefits as well as flaws.  The upside to iOS is that they have a limited number of products in which their operating system is designed for; where as, Android has a multitude of devices on a number of different tiers, therefore stating "Android is better than Apple" is a useless statement.  

As an Apple user I can still state that the Samsung Galaxy III is a great device, and whether Android fans would like to admit it, the iPhone is a great device as well.  With that said, there really is no need for a pissing contest between the two.  

Case and point:  if you like Android, buy and Android; if you like Apple, buy an Apple; use said devices and shut the fuck up.

/thread

Reason I've gotten from a co worker on why iPhones suck. "It only has one button. I need a phone with more than one button." Yup those are the ones that just hate apple as a brand.

I currently have a iphone 5 after being with android for the past few years. I must say I enjoyed both phones but have been loving the iphone and probably will never go back

No doubt. But it has almost doubled in the last month. For a multi-billion dollar company, that is pretty rare.

Even if they sell a ton of iphones it is a company built on innovation that is looking more and more like a commodities company. Commodities companies can make a lot of money too, but it is generally considered to be a bad thing. It would mean the days of "apple can do whatever it wants and people will line up for it's products" would be over.

I just recently switched from Apple to Android. Now my phone is always super slow (currently using 3/4 of my ram) and after 3 months my SD card shat itself so I have no music to listen to on car rides and such, and I have to order a new one. The only thing I like better on Android is the Swype keyboard. I'll probably switch back to Apple next time.

I just recently switched from Apple to Android. Now my phone is always super slow (currently using 3/4 of my ram) and after 3 months my SD card shat itself so I have no music to listen to on car rides and such, and I have to order a new one. The only thing I like better on Android is the Swype keyboard. I'll probably switch back to Apple next time.

Which phone? You're probably just doing it wrong.