PO: Starting Line - The Early Years

Same here. The status says it's shipped but i still haven't received it. 

I just used the contact form on the site to ask them where my order is. No way it takes 10 days to get from California to California via priority mail. I asked for a tracking number or something to let me know where it is. We'll see what they say.

I just used the contact form on the site to ask them where my order is. No way it takes 10 days to get from California to California via priority mail. I asked for a tracking number or something to let me know where it is. We'll see what they say.

Same here. This is horseshit.

Fucking West Aspen. Paid 10 bucks for 'priority shipping' for the shirt/lp bundle. They straight up sent it media mail. 2lb Media mail at that. That's $4.00 at the most. I'm not one to bitch about shipping prices, but if I paid for priority shipping, that's how it should be shipped.

Fucking West Aspen. Paid 10 bucks for 'priority shipping' for the shirt/lp bundle. They straight up sent it media mail. 2lb Media mail at that. That's $4.00 at the most. I'm not one to bitch about shipping prices, but if I paid for priority shipping, that's how it should be shipped.

How odd.. I got mine yesterday through Priority... but it said shipped on the 28th... they marked it shipped on the 21st.

How odd.. I got mine yesterday through Priority... but it said shipped on the 28th... they marked it shipped on the 21st.

Yeah, I think with our recent flood of emails they finally shipped them out. Mine was marked shipped on the 18th, but it says the 28th on the shipping label as well.

Yeah, I think with our recent flood of emails they finally shipped them out. Mine was marked shipped on the 18th, but it says the 28th on the shipping label as well.

Still wish I would have known there would be a non-combo version of this... the shirt is great and all (for all wondering, its the normal shirt (no drive-thru logo obviously) printed on bay-island apparel (faux-american apparel)... I was at least hoping for a small little logo on the back saying "the early years" or something to that nature. Certainly wasn't worth the money but its the Starting Line... they have a direct line to my wallet anyway!

Just got this response from them:

"Hi,

Priority shipping wasn't offered on this package. If it was it would have been $15.00. Your order form reads Priority now because we changed the shipping links to offer Priority. The total cost to ship these is a little under $10.00."

I'm not going to pursue this whole thing, but bullshit priority wasn't offered. Media mail isn't even allowed on the bundle with the shirt. Also, they are full of shit, because I shipped a 14 pound package within California via priority mail and it only cost 10 bucks. Bastards. /whiny rant

Just got this response from them:

"Hi,

Priority shipping wasn't offered on this package. If it was it would have been $15.00. Your order form reads Priority now because we changed the shipping links to offer Priority. The total cost to ship these is a little under $10.00."

I'm not going to pursue this whole thing, but bullshit priority wasn't offered. Media mail isn't even allowed on the bundle with the shirt. Also, they are full of shit, because I shipped a 14 pound package within California via priority mail and it only cost 10 bucks. Bastards. /whiny rant

want me to send you a picture of this package I got that has PRIORITY SHIPPING on the label? it even says 2 lbs priority mail rate zone 1 commercial base pricing on it.

Okay, so I wasn't done. I just responded to their email.

"Thanks for the answer. It's okay. Whatever. A person on the vinyl forum just said his was shipped priority. I just shipped a 14 pound package priority mail within California and it only cost a little over 10 dollars. No big deal, but it is completely illegal to send what you sent through media mail. FYI. Also, I ship 2 pound media mail packages all the time, and it only costs $3 and some change. You aren't fooling anyone"

I feel better now, and can continue on with my day.

"Thanks for the answer. It's okay. Whatever. A person on the vinyl forum just said his was shipped priority. I just shipped a 14 pound package priority mail within California and it only cost a little over 10 dollars. No big deal, but it is completely illegal to send what you sent through media mail. FYI. Also, I ship 2 pound media mail packages all the time, and it only costs $3 and some change. You aren't fooling anyone"

Sounds good to me. If only their customer service was worth while. I remember when this went up, I was in Las Vegas... West Aspen Merch does not support Mobile Checkout... So I called their customer service and e-mailed them. They said something along the lines of "well when you get back hopefully they are there because we can't take money over the phone or help you out in any regards." 

In this day and age, how can a distro NOT support checkout on mobile devices? 

• 1 month later...

My whole job at work is shiping things out on eBay. And knowing how crazy the usps is, it's crazy they risked sending it out media mail.

It's a sad world when Hottopic.com is really the most trusted in shipping records lol.

My whole job at work is shiping things out on eBay. And knowing how crazy the usps is, it's crazy they risked sending it out media mail.

It's a sad world when Hottopic.com is really the most trusted in shipping records lol.

bullshit they are. they've been using giant boxes and paper packing lately. SRC on the other hand has those special mailers that really protect well against corner dings. have never received a damaged record from them.

• 7 months later...