MOVING SALE - OP IVY / STRUNG OUT / NOFX / THE FALCON / LAWRENCE ARMS /TRIO / WILHELM- ALOT ADDED!

JennyMiller182

Whenever I send gift money it wants me to pay the fee (well it asks who will), regardless where I send this too.

I always sent money outside Italy but everytime I do it I read: "send money for free within your own state" or something like that. So I thought this was how the fees work.I'll check with a friend's account, maybe is only for italy or maybe is only in my dreams.

EDIT: As donttchange says it's free only if you transfer money from your bank account.

On filing a claim even if you received your records, I suggested this before but I didn't really think it through. I don't think the money will actually come from the turdbag. It come from paypal.

So if you filed a claim anyways, oh well no big deal, but I wouldn't recommend it.

How about this question -- how has paypal not filed legal actions against this dude (or maybe they have and he has warrants or something)? All electronic money is traceable and at some point he has to have pulled it out in his name, right? Hope the bastard goes to jail for internet fraud.

I agree you did not think this through. If you file a Paypal claim and you did receive your records, you are actually committing fraud yourself.

On the legal front against the scammer, the likelihood is that the money is gone from the scammer's account already. He also seemed to have used other accounts so they are now the target of attack by Paypal.

For instance if let's say Peter agrees with Bob to take money on Bob's behalf and Bob does the shipping, the liability is with Peter to deliver the goods. If Bob defaults, Peter will have to pick up the tab. If Peter was stupid enough to forward proceeds, maybe against a handling fee to Bob; Peter not Bob will have to make good from his own funds. The claim is against the person that got paid by the buyer. Peter obviously has got a claim against Bob, but unless he has forwarded the money via Paypal as a 'Goods' transaction he has no protection whatsoever.

If Peter has no money, Paypal will refund the money and take it off peter later on. Paypal does not care about Bob in this instance at all. For Paypal this is only between Peter and the buyer. If Peter decides to bail and Paypal does not reclaim the money, the will do a quantitative assessment periodically to either change the rules to reduce losses that way or put up the fees.

Which means that all the good sellers eventually pay for uncollected claims against bad sellers.

So claiming fraudulently only hurts the community, apart from being a crime.

Was this Drewbie/Drewskimonster ass you all got scammed from before from Boston as well? I mean their paypal you sent money to? I am from the Boston area and go to quite a bit of shows. I would love to catch someone like this at a show or a bar bragging about their scam. Probably dumb enough to brag about it. If they know what rare varients there are and what music is sought after chances are they are in the scene. The records they did send out to those of you, if they are rare enough (not sure what they were) wonder if they are traceable enough to anyone on here who might have sold to someone on ebay recently. Just a thought

I agree you did not think this through. If you file a Paypal claim and you did receive your records, you are actually committing fraud yourself.

On the legal front against the scammer, the likelihood is that the money is gone from the scammer's account already. He also seemed to have used other accounts so they are now the target of attack by Paypal.

For instance if let's say Peter agrees with Bob to take money on Bob's behalf and Bob does the shipping, the liability is with Peter to deliver the goods. If Bob defaults, Peter will have to pick up the tab. If Peter was stupid enough to forward proceeds, maybe against a handling fee to Bob; Peter not Bob will have to make good from his own funds. The claim is against the person that got paid by the buyer. Peter obviously has got a claim against Bob, but unless he has forwarded the money via Paypal as a 'Goods' transaction he has no protection whatsoever.

If Peter has no money, Paypal will refund the money and take it off peter later on. Paypal does not care about Bob in this instance at all. For Paypal this is only between Peter and the buyer. If Peter decides to bail and Paypal does not reclaim the money, the will do a quantitative assessment periodically to either change the rules to reduce losses that way or put up the fees.

Which means that all the good sellers eventually pay for uncollected claims against bad sellers.

So claiming fraudulently only hurts the community, apart from being a crime.

Ah, ok. No I didn't think it through. I honestly just wanted that fucker to pay for his crimes.

On filing a claim even if you received your records, I suggested this before but I didn't really think it through. I don't think the money will actually come from the turdbag. It come from paypal.

So if you filed a claim anyways, oh well no big deal, but I wouldn't recommend it.

How about this question -- how has paypal not filed legal actions against this dude (or maybe they have and he has warrants or something)? All electronic money is traceable and at some point he has to have pulled it out in his name, right? Hope the bastard goes to jail for internet fraud.

this reminds me, what about RJ?

I just had my money back :)

Paypal says they have been able to recuperate my money from Kevin Davies.

What I can't understand it's how this scammer makes or try to make money using PayPal.

he conned people he knows into letting him use their paypal accounts. once the money was in there, he withdrew it and bailed. now y'all are getting your money back, but paypal is footing the bill for it.

he conned people he knows into letting him use their paypal accounts. once the money was in there, he withdrew it and bailed. now y'all are getting your money back, but paypal is footing the bill for it.

So paypal says that they took money from kevin's account even if it's their money?

Maybe the account owner has been conned but I would not trust in any his word. who would give his paypal account to someone else? In my ignorant opinion an hacked account is more realistic.

the thing that got me about jennymiller182 was that this person was trying WAY too hard to sound ‘like a girl’ she was overusing smiley faces and honestly she didn’t sound all that bright. Which lead me to wonder how an idiot was able to get her hands on all of these rare records. Plus her ‘sick’ excuses were overly detailed, rambling messes.

I really, really hope everyone gets their money back.

the thing that got me about jennymiller182 was that this person was trying WAY too hard to sound ‘like a girl’ she was overusing smiley faces and honestly she didn’t sound all that bright. Which lead me to wonder how an idiot was able to get her hands on all of these rare records. Plus her ‘sick’ excuses were overly detailed, rambling messes.

I really, really hope everyone gets their money back.

I suppose here is how it works:

1. First of all you only need one or two records, FAT colour vinyl for instance has a strong following and the coloured rarities are well documented. If you have 2 or 3 which are semi rare you are well set up.
  2. List them here and then you list another 10 more or less rare ones. That way it looks more legit, like you are getting rid of your priced collection etc...
  3. Now when someone buys the 2 or 3 that you have, of course you send them. And also of course you collect the money for the records you don't have (let's call them "imaginary ones")
  4. Now you tell everyone including the ones that ordered (but won't get) the imaginary ones, that they are in the post.
  5. Eventually the first rare ones arrive so feedback gets posted that they have arrived safe & sound yadda yadda and the others with the imaginary records are content as the record "is in the post"..
  6. That gives you a couple of more weeks until the first doubting posts go up.
  7. Ok, this is making things trickier. But fear not, all you need to have is another excuse. (Often Paypal holds the money for 30days before releasing it so buying time is important...)
  8. A good one is to claim that that particular record was in the second batch that you meant to post but you had to go to the hospital/dental operation/sick granny, but you will send it now recorded. Clever, you get the sympathy vote!
  9. But you need to be a little smarter as suspicion has already risen...So you do the electronic pre-postage and send the buyers the tracking number.
  10. Some will check it straight away, quickly you tell them that it takes a few hours sometimes up to 48 hrs to appear in the tracker, whilst others won't check for a week or so...again you bought some time until they realise you never sent anything but just gave a pre-postage tracking number.
  11. Finally you must by now have made it over the one month hurdle, time to eliminate some doubt.
  12. You get a friend to post in the forum defending you. Clever again! this friend will claim he bought a record, he was worried first as you had told them that you were in at the hospital/dental operation/sick granny, but now it arrived and all is good.
  13. Haha! 50/50 divide. Of course you get the experienced guys saying that you are a scammer and not to trust you, but some will now give you the benefit of the doubt.
  14. Greed is on your side. Pride is on your side. Hope too. In the end the scammed guys want to believe that you are good, because the want the record, they don't want to be a scam victim and they hope the first two are true.
  15. If you get really good at this and manage to stretch out any element above or are lucky enough that no stand up member calls you out you may make it beyond the magic 45 day mark and avoid the Paypal claims...devious!
  16. If you get caught before the 45 days, just send a wrong, cheap record and Paypal will believe you that you sent it. That buys you another 2 weeks until it gets there.
  17. Naturally the buyer is an honest soul and will amend from "not received" to an "Item not as described" claim. And that is exactly what you wanted...
  18. This is utterly is brilliant because now the buyer cannot simply claim "purchase not received", but the buyer has to return the record at his expense but with a tracking reference ($$$) in order to get the money back. And of course you will never pay for the shipping, Paypal does not reimburse for that and the buyer is out of pocket once more.
  19. In any case, if it gets too hot or you have enough you withdraw your money and lie low for a while. Pick another persona, another forum. Lather, rinse repeat...

That may work. I had been stitched in a similar way by duhboardwalk (rick angley, rxa etc), luckily I caught him because he knobbed up when using multiple personas and mailed me from the wrong account under the wrong name before the 45 days were up.

Now ask yourself, does any of this sound familiar? Can you recognise the pattern in any of this. At which point will you bail?

Don't get scammed, usually if it is too good to be true, a paypal claim follows.

IMHO

capt.

I suppose here is how it works:

1. First of all you only need one or two records, FAT colour vinyl for instance has a strong following and the coloured rarities are well documented. If you have 2 or 3 which are semi rare you are well set up.

2. List them here and then you list another 10 more or less rare ones. That way it looks more legit, like you are getting rid of your priced collection etc...    

3. Now when someone buys the 2 or 3 that you have, of course you send them. And also of course you collect the money for the records you don't have (let's call them "imaginary ones")    

4. Now you tell everyone including the ones that ordered (but won't get) the imaginary ones, that they are in the post.        

5. Eventually the first rare ones arrive so feedback gets posted that they have arrived safe & sound yadda yadda and the others with the imaginary records are content as the record "is in the post"..

6. That gives you a couple of more weeks until the first doubting posts go up.

7. Ok, this is making things trickier. But fear not, all you need to have is another excuse. (Often Paypal holds the money for 30days before releasing it so buying time is important...)    

8. A good one is to claim that that particular record was in the second batch that you meant to post but you had to go to the hospital/dental operation/sick granny, but you will send it now recorded. Clever, you get the sympathy vote!    

9. But you need to be a little smarter as suspicion has already risen...So you do the electronic pre-postage and send the buyers the tracking number.

10. Some will check it straight away, quickly you tell them that it takes a few hours sometimes up to 48 hrs to appear in the tracker, whilst others won't check for a week or so...again you bought some time until they realise you never sent anything but just gave a pre-postage tracking number.

11. Finally you must by now have made it over the one month hurdle, time to eliminate some doubt.

12. You get a friend to post in the forum defending you. Clever again! this friend will claim he bought a record, he was worried first as you had told them that you were in at the hospital/dental operation/sick granny, but now it arrived and all is good.

13. Haha! 50/50 divide. Of course you get the experienced guys saying that you are a scammer and not to trust you, but some will now give you the benefit of the doubt.

14. Greed is on your side. Pride is on your side. Hope too. In the end the scammed guys want to believe that you are good, because the want the record, they don't want to be a scam victim and they hope the first two are true.

15. If you get really good at this and manage to stretch out any element above or are lucky enough that no stand up member calls you out you may make it beyond the magic 45 day mark and avoid the Paypal claims...devious!

16. If you get caught before the 45 days, just send a wrong, cheap record and Paypal will believe you that you sent it. That buys you another 2 weeks until it gets there.

17. Naturally the buyer is an honest soul and will amend from "not received" to an "Item not as described" claim. And that is exactly what you wanted...

18. This is utterly is brilliant because now the buyer cannot simply claim "purchase not received", but the buyer has to return the record at his expense but with a tracking reference ($$$) in order to get the money back. And of course you will never pay for the shipping, Paypal does not reimburse for that and the buyer is out of pocket once more.

19. In any case, if it gets too hot or you have enough you withdraw your money and lie low for a while. Pick another persona, another forum. Lather, rinse repeat...

That may work. I had been stitched in a similar way by duhboardwalk (rick angley, rxa etc), luckily I caught him because he knobbed up when using multiple personas and mailed me from the wrong account under the wrong name before the 45 days were up.

Now ask yourself, does any of this sound familiar? Can you recognise the pattern in any of this. At which point will you bail?

Don't get scammed, usually if it is too good to be true, a paypal claim follows.

IMHO

capt.

fucking amazing.