Bon Iver on ACL

So I had it set to record tomorrow, but it's on tonight as well? And I just saw him perform Blood Bank.

Who doesn't think this band is one of the best bands of our generation?

If you don't, sign your name, and I will send you a burnt CD of all the reasons you are wrong.

I cannot wait for his next album.

Dude knows how to find a backing band too, amiright?

Bon Iver rules. I saw that worst hipster bands """article""", it was one of the worst pieces of journalism I've ever read, clearly just baiting for easy page views. It's basically a list of the most popular current "indie" bands, each with a paragraph presumably written by an unpaid intern who read their Wikipedia page and listened to 60 seconds of a song. I could offer more cutting criticisms off the top of my head for just about any of the bands on that list, and I really like about half of them. And can we all agree that the term "hipster" is now a lazy, meaningless descriptor for whatever the user of the word deems to be appropriate, a la alternative, indie, emo, etc. and should be retired from usage by all intelligent individuals?

I hope that whoever asks Casey for a CD just receives a recording of Casey saying things like "reason 1: great harmonies" into a microphone.

So I had it set to record tomorrow, but it's on tonight as well? And I just saw him perform Blood Bank.

Who doesn't think this band is one of the best bands of our generation?

If you don't, sign your name, and I will send you a burnt CD of all the reasons you are wrong.

I cannot wait for his next album.

Dude knows how to find a backing band too, amiright?

I have to agree 100%. I saw them live back in June and was completely blown away. I had chills throughout the whole show.

Like you said, the band is fucking fantastic. Each member is extremely talented at multiple instruments and adds unique elements to each song. And Justin's falsetto voice it is perfect and makes the music passionate and eerie. I can't say enough about how great Bon Iver is and how inspiring and moving their live performance is. The best show I have been too.

"And can we all agree that the term "hipster" is now a lazy, meaningless descriptor for whatever the user of the word deems to be appropriate, a la alternative, indie, emo, etc. and should be retired from usage by all intelligent individuals?"

Totally agreed.

I'm a fan of "For Emma, Forever Ago" haven't really dabbled into Bon Ivers S/T. I think I was more intrigued with him and the guitar vs him with an array of instruments. I'll give Bon Iver S/T a proper spin tomorrow.

I saw that worst hipster bands """article""", it was one of the worst pieces of journalism I've ever read, clearly just baiting for easy page views. It's basically a list of the most popular current "indie" bands, each with a paragraph presumably written by an unpaid intern who read their Wikipedia page and listened to 60 seconds of a song.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. But for the sake of curiosity, can you recall any other bands on that list? I'd be interested to hear what else they harped on.

I agree with the person that says S/T just doesnt grab them. I got it the day it came out and the single that came out that day too and just cant get into them. For Emma was amazing, and Blood Bank is an amazing song, but everything else just doesnt hit me the same. I think he is better with just a few sparse instruments than all the extra stuff around him. Dont get me wrong, the musicians are incredibly talented, it just doesnt grab me the same. I also dont think they are the number one band of our generation either.