Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar 2xLP red vinyl exclusive to Hot Topic

travis

It's kinda funny what happened with Pretty Hate Machine. He freaking deserves to loose money after what he did to the 2010 LP remaster... wtf was that...dude?!

I think maybe you're confusing the reissues. The PHM remaster that Trent put out (2x LP with blank side D) sounds absolutely amazing in my opinion whereas the others done (1 LP) without his permission sound like shish.

I think maybe you're confusing the reissues. The PHM remaster that Trent put out (2x LP with blank side D) sounds absolutely amazing in my opinion whereas the others done (1 LP) without his permission sound like shish.

Nope.  The 2xLP has dynamic removed to ensure more loudness though I'm sure it's nicely made and I loved the artwork update.  And i can't comment on the quality of the Rhino repress as I've never seen or heard one, but I'm guessing not good.  

I find it weird that an artist wouldn't ant his stuff pressed, because the people who will buy it most likely will be his fans and all it will do is make his fans happy :P I guess it's time for me to shell out way too much money for holy wood because I really like that album.

maybe its cuz hes fully aware he hasnt written a good album in 13 years and hes afraid people will notice?

I find it weird that an artist wouldn't ant his stuff pressed, because the people who will buy it most likely will be his fans and all it will do is make his fans happy :P I guess it's time for me to shell out way too much money for holy wood because I really like that album.

Yeah, I am surprised as well.  I'd think with him being on tour and out there that he might want to leverage that with pressing this stuff, but I am sure more logistical things go into these decisions. 

Also, for the PHM debate, yeah I heard the remixed/remastered version was a bit cooked.

Back to Manson, has anyone picked up the Euro reissue of Mechanical Animals?  I am intereseted in picking one up now that HT might not press one for awhile.  Is it worth the $35-$40 its being sold for?

Back to Manson, has anyone picked up the Euro reissue of Mechanical Animals?  I am intereseted in picking one up now that HT might not press one for awhile.  Is it worth the $35-$40 its being sold for?

If it's the same master as the original white/blue transparent disc set, you're in for quite a treat.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, I contacted the seller on Amazon Gulfstream Goodwill and the copy the have listed is the 2xLP pic disc.  I am not a fan of pic discs, but is someone out there is looking for that variant, thats where you can find it. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004WOIJ/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=used&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

Just a heads up, I contacted the seller on Amazon Gulfstream Goodwill and the copy the have listed is the 2xLP pic disc.  I am not a fan of pic discs, but is someone out there is looking for that variant, thats where you can find it. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004WOIJ/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=used&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

You should get it, the sound is miles better than the red disc version.  Not as good as the black Simply Vinyl version, but a definite step up from the CD.

You should get it, the sound is miles better than the red disc version.  Not as good as the black Simply Vinyl version, but a definite step up from the CD.

I got the HT version, it sounds alright.  I am not crazy about pic discs, I messaged them hoping it was the SV version and that they didnt know what they had.  Hopefully a Manson box is in the works or something with 180g pressings.

I dunno, I own both and the pic disc has a bit too much surface noise for my taste.  Maybe just because when I got the pic disc it had been sitting on a clearance shelf for something like six years but I gotta go with the red reissue for sound quality.  Of course, I'd love to have the SV version but I'll take what I can get :P

I dunno, I own both and the pic disc has a bit too much surface noise for my taste.  Maybe just because when I got the pic disc it had been sitting on a clearance shelf for something like six years but I gotta go with the red reissue for sound quality.  Of course, I'd love to have the SV version but I'll take what I can get :P

The surface noise is definitely there on the pic disc.  I had it until I go the SV version, then sold the pic disc.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...