Discogs: requesting a partial refund

hey guys

I just purchased a Morrissey LP from Discogs for $65 shipped, it was described as mint condition, only played once etc. yet it arrived with several scratches on the sleeve and light brown strains on the gatefold.

I do not want a full refund, just a partial refund. Where do i stand with this? the seller is refusing a partial refund. Can i go through discogs or Paypal just for a partial refund?

Thanks

I think you'd have to go through PayPal if the buyer won't budge, but they would probably only allow you to return it for a full refund, I've never heard of PayPal giving partial refunds.

Luck of the draw I suppose. I ran into this a few weeks ago, messaged the seller and he gave back nearly 1/3 of the cost of the record, which I felt was very fair.

This happened to me once before as well. You have to open a claim in paypal, but in there you can request a full refund or identify other terms you'd like met instead. The seller will have to agree, otherwise you'll have to send it back for a full refund, which probably sucks for you living in Australia.

The one I bought was listed in NM condition , sent in one of those flimsy mailers used commonly overseas, and looked like it came out of a DJ's crate collection. I would've rated the jacket a G-. The seller had no feedback and was his first sale, I wrote him a note just to let him know to raise his grading standards and he ended up giving the partial refund.

Have you tried sending pictures to the guy? Maybe it would ease his reluctance

• 1 month later...

Unrelated to the topic at hand but I am relatively new to discogs and bought a few things today. The issue is that so far I've gotten bills on 2 of the 3 things listed and both have had shipping that is different from what is put in their ads. The first one was a Remission album with $4 shipping listed yet when I got the bill it was for $4.50 shipping. The second was for a Kriss Kross Totally Krossed Out with, again, $4 shipping yet when I get the bill it's for $5.08 shipping.

Is this normal for sellers on discogs? If shipping would have been listed for those prices I would have paid it, but I hate having listed prices change.

There was no way this guy was backing down, and i failed to see what pay pal would do.

Paypal will literally refund his money to you if he refuses to fix his mistake. I had a guy on here that refused to send me my record and wouldn't respond to any of the resolution center messages. I got every cent back and paypal keeps logs, if it keeps happening the guy won't be able to use paypal for a period of time I believe.

sorry guys, guess this topic slipped away from me.

I just left it, got discogs to block him from contacting me as he continued to send vulgar messages.

There was no way this guy was backing down, and i failed to see what pay pal would do.

Oh well!

paypal will give you your money back. it's actually pretty simple!

Yes i am well aware of that.

But as the title states and, i was after a partial refund.

The price i paid for the record was decent, and i knew i wouldn't find it within that price range again within Australia.

yes i did "puss out" but this guy wouldn't budge, and as another user stated pay pal dont issue partial refunds.

Thanks for the advice everyone