DC TV (Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl)

I wish the Gotham show could be a CW show so we could get a small-screen DCU!

I think it will be cool. Arrow is really tearing up the action/supervillian side, Flash should be similar, maybe a little more humorous, Gotham is gonna cover the dark/detective genre, Constantine will cover horror/supernatural. Think that is a really good balance. It will get stupid quick if they try and make every show the Avengers movie (just with DC characters).

Has anyone in this thread given The Tomorrow People a chance? It comes on right after Arrow and I have been a fan of the 90s Nickelodeon version and this new one is VERY good! I have watched the whole season so far and it amazes me how many plot points the writers manage to reveal every episode. It is a very well done show, it looks like the CW are moving it to Mondays and that the channel are going to put something else after Arrow, so probably Flash will be on the same night right behind Arrow next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what to make of the acting on this show. It is somewhat terrible, so basically I am struggling through to see some of DC on tv. I mean COME ON! Awful. 

Also, EVERY EPISODE has facets where they just rip from the Dark Knight trilogy. 

Like what? Think the acting is fine. Maybe not going to win best actor but not that kind of drama.

Yeah, they both have a world where superpowers don't exist (they bend that in Arrow a bit). That's going to create some similarities. I guess I just don't see it as "ripping off" as much as "following the lead of a great movie."

Wondering if Harley comes back or that was kind of a one-off nod to the other characters of the DC universe. Kind of hope it was the former. It's cooler to see little bits of the surrounding DC universe and not know who is going to really appear or not than every character they introduce having their own episode.

Like what? Think the acting is fine. Maybe not going to win best actor but not that kind of drama.

Yeah, they both have a world where superpowers don't exist (they bend that in Arrow a bit). That's going to create some similarities. I guess I just don't see it as "ripping off" as much as "following the lead of a great movie."

I don't know, it's just with Ollie/Amell he's always gritting his teeth, and with Sarah Lance she always looks like she is smelling something(I guess she can't help that, it's just her face haha). I think the overall thing I am sensing with this show is that some actors perform better than others. I think David Ramsey/Diggle is good and the mother Moira is good and Slade and Felicity are good too. I think it's just the CW syndrome with some of the others like Ollie, and his sister and Laurel, they just have to have that young adult drama. Just for me personally there are times (multiple times) where there is eye-rolling from me. 

Another point though thebiglewbowski: This is exactly what I was fearing, GOTHAM is over at FOX and now ARROW is hinting at Harleyquin? Whaaat? This is what I was wondering when the DC properties are all over the place. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...