DC TV (Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl)

I really liked Slade on the island as a good guy, and I'm kind of torn because I still like him. I wonder how they'll go from here.

They really did a good job of turning him into a villain in the second half of this season. Almost hard to believe that this was only a few episodes back.

I wonder if that whole chat about too far for redemption was a foreshadow to Slade. Think he just crossed his point of no return. 

damn!

there were quite a few things that got me--

that ending

finding out there's an illegitimate child out there

and what was she going to tell them about Malcolm? will we ever find out? I wanna know!

Feel pretty confident she was just going to tell them that he is still alive.

Read this thread without thinking so I knew there was a huge twist coming. Kinda ruined it for me I think. My fault.

What was with that ticking/chimey noise throughout the flashbacks?

Feel pretty confident she was just going to tell them that he is still alive.

Read this thread without thinking so I knew there was a huge twist coming. Kinda ruined it for me I think. My fault.

What was with that ticking/chimey noise throughout the flashbacks?

i think so, too, but a part of me feels like another twist was coming.  one that we wouldn't be able to predict, on the level of him being thea's real dad, but we won't find out until later when he reappears or something.  so it'll be a surprise to them to find out he's alive AND something else.  something that would surprise us as the audience.

i have no idea what the ticking/chime noise was.  i had the volume on low with subtitles on because that's what i do when my kid is asleep so i didn't notice it as much.

I'm digging the plot twists. Wish they would hurry up and bring Merlyn back.

It had kinda slowed down for me, but that episode was rad.

I wonder if they'll bring up Ollie's kid in the future? I don't see why they would bring it up and not explore it. Especially now with his mother gone.

ya, it's totally plausible that they'll bring the kid up in the future.  pretty big ball of info to drop to not explore it later on.

Depending on when that flashback was in his relationship with laurel, he could be at least 5. 10 at max . In the comics, his name is Connor and he takes up the bow too. I could see this done really well in the next few seasons. Think hit girl.

it said 7 years ago when it flashed back.  thanks for the info about the comics.

• 2 weeks later...

Really cool season finale. Season 2 was awesome, just as good as 1 if not better.

I'm thinking we could keep the Flash discussion in here too. The extended trailer just hit and looks fantastic. I was worried the cgi running would look too much like smallville, but it really doesn't.

Sneak peak of Arrow and Flash http://youtu.be/rnXsnR-2AvU

http://www.superherohype.com/news/302451-5-minute-trailer-and-first-clip-from-the-cws-the-flash-revealed?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=5-minute-trailer-and-first-clip-from-the-cws-the-flash-revealed#/slide/6

So, who's feeding Slade?

ya, i thought that was a great finale.

also wondered how slade will get his basic needs met.  it might lead to him trying to fulfill his promise to oliver at a later time.

maybe sarah handing that jacket over to her sister was the transition to dinah laurel or laurel being canary that has been mentioned in here before.

wonder what's going to become of thea and malcolm.

I know all the shows do it for dramatic effect but they jumped REALLY quickly from "these guys are unstoppable" to just whooping their ass. I know the cure was in the mix now but just seemed like they were helpless even before they hit them with the cure.

Liked the Thea/Malcom angle a lot.

The whole thing with Felicity was awesome. I bought it.

I like the idea of Supermax, wasn't that a proposed Green Arrow movie or was that the original premis for Arrow? I feel that side storyline can be a real builder and become huge!

Overall, good season finale, but I'm sorry the Flash headgear looks dumb and makes him look funny, looks off haha.

Edit: Green Arrow movie

Hopefully they could incorporate some elements from that script.

• 1 month later...

So The Flash Pilot leaked. It's a promo copy, but still very watchable. http://www.ch131.so scroll down to The Flash under recently added. 

Really, really well done. Teased a huge villain and an even bigger DCU plot at the very end. 10 years from now could tie into something huge. I guess we'll see.

• 4 weeks later...

It's the right move on superman. The spent so much time building up deathstroke as this menacing physical presence that you can't go head on at. Superman (done properly), would throw him around like the Hulk did to Loki Avengers.

Yeah, there's always the kryptonite angle, but that would get old pretty fast (smallville used it throughout, but after season 3ish it wasn't really the focal point of an attack on Clark -- they brought in comparable superpowered beings).

Batman not being included is a bummer. He would have fit in nicely.