DC TV (Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl)

I don't follow Arrow or Flash whatsoever, so feel free to take this post with a massive grain of salt, but I caught a bit of the last Flash episode and it was painful to witness. Are all the episodes that campy? The majority of the writing and acting was pretty terrible – even for superhero-TV standards. I don't know. It was on in the break room at work, and everyone who passed by gasped and asked if they brought back Prison Break.

Flash is kind of a campy superhero anyways. Meant to be more humor and brighter. Arrow is darker and more grounded in reality. This week was not the best episode by far for either show.

I think a lot of us thought episode 8 was the best one so far (they did a week of interconnected stories that crossed over between Arrow and Flash). If you want to give it a go, I'd say watch that one. If you don't like that one, it's not for you. I don't think anyone is expecting best actor nominations at the Emmys but it's a fun show and lot of people enjoy it.

i think you have to suspend disbelief a lot in order to enjoy these shows in general and i am ok with that.  the last arrow probably wasn't particularly excellent, but i did like the twist on the wife still being alive.  thought she was dead for sures.  however, i wasn't completely shocked at all that ollie's old friend was the one who ended up coming through for him.

i am still trying to get into flash, but the fact that the cw site doesn't air the pilot plus the first few episodes that i missed is hampering that.  (too lazy to search torrents).

I'm all for suspending disbelief, but they should at least put in an effort to put together a reasonable scenario rather than putting a few dudes in a wide-empty street armed with basically handguns in front of like 50 cops.

It's like that heap of a movie Signs.  Aliens who cannot tolerate water invade planet covered in water, with watery atmosphere, in order to kidnap watery people in order to use as inedible food/acid-spitting slave labor.

Seems like a dumb reason. Type if into google and 3 clicks later it's downloading. Laziest of the lazy can do it.

you're right.  i just don't spend that much time on the computer at all.  maybe i'll get around to it when the various shows i watch that are in their last seasons are over.

Arrow has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst show I've ever kept on watching, but the thea/oliver scene (if you've watched it you know which one) in this last episode actually really got to me. The rest of the episode was completely horrible and incredibly dumb, as always, but yeah.

It's because she wasn't wearing any pants.

that's how they get you.

Kind of an interesting flip to have Oliver on the island in current timeline and in Starling in the old.

Didn't Malcolm tell Thea that Oliver was the Arrow a while ago? Or am I misremembering? Seems like they are dragging the hatred between Thea and Malcolm out pretty far if it is all an act.

ya, i don't recall malcolm telling thea about ollie.  i think he just told her he was the only one she could trust and she believed him because he saved her life at the end of (last?) season.

i did feel like she totally flipped and directed her hate towards malcolm pretty fast though.  felt a little sudden there whereas i think it's something people usually mull over a bit more after having spent 7 mo.s training intensely with an individual.