What are you getting your significant other for Christmas?

True story. I'm lying with my wife in bed, and she mentions that she talked to the artist who I have commissioning this piece for her today. She tried contacting him in an attempt to get him to paint something custom for me for Christmas. He didn't mention that he was already working on a piece for her, and told her that he was busy through the holidays.

I played it coy and said "That would have probably been waaaaaaaay expensive anyway."

The look on her face is going to be PRICELESS on Christmas.

Also, I think it's great that we think 100% alike.

One of those GPS/heart rate monitor things. Anyone know what's good?

Garmin. I have a used one which you obviously can't get her for Christmas but if she needs someone to go running with, lemme know :P

I'm single as always so I'll use the money to make a nice dinner for my close friends and have everyone over.

I'll have to check Best Buy. I guess you can get similar results from a pedometer, but I want her to know exactly how many calories and how far she ran.

Like I said, Garmin makes great running watches that will track routes and distance and even give you splits. The calories are determined by the distance/time/weight so you could technically calculate it with a stopwatch but a Garmin will do that for you. Depending on how serious she is you can get her a watch + heart rate monitor to give her all sorts of stats and information and it can help her stay in fat burning range or anarobic range etc.

HE FINISHED IT!!!

Now all I have to do is finish PAYING for it. Haha. But seriously, tell me this isn't cool and I'll give you a dollar.

He called the piece "The Chosen One" and if you look closely at the fret-board, you can see it written there. Now THOSE are some custom inlays.

tumblr_merzbvXpCd1qaz7rqo1_500.jpg

Now I am off to a skeezy pub in Nashville to watch the Colts game. Go Horse!

I was stumped and finally had a breakthrough this week:

She is getting a First Edition of Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury (favorite book by her favorite author)

It comes with a bookmark that says "I do listen sometimes...."

I got her pajamas like she's been talking about and a nice bracelet as well.

Me and my boy need to go make her a new frame as well and stuff it with a photo of the two of us for her office. She wants one and I'm a pretty handsome man so she deserves to show it off...ha ha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...