Green Day - Nimrod yellow vinyl Hot Topic exclusive

travis

American Idiot was catchy but it's pretentious as hell and is a product of the moment it was made in. I have feel that if i listened to it now it would hold up not so well. Never bothered with warning.

I loved it at first but then hated it after hearing every song by it basically through radio and friends every day. I actually just got back into listening to the album at the end of last year as I had a burned copy in my car. It holds up if you really have given it a long break.

I can see how people like American Idiot if that is your cup of tea, but I never bought into the whole "Green Day are punx" thing, especially when they are 40 year old dudes wearing makeup.

"Fuck Bush. We are edgy AND political."

Warning gets a lot of hate but it has some solid production & some pretty good songs. I'm okay with American Idiot too & actually enjoy it from time to time. 21st Century is where I was completely turned off. This trilogy of albums is them not trying anymore. It's easy songwriting & there's no standout moments. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just trying to get out of their contract.

Definitely gonna have to pick this up. American Idiot would be awesome on red (as has been said numerous times) and as a whole is an awesome rock opera, but the individual songs could offer more on their own. 21CB was a letdown, definitely digging the trilogy though, but as Travis said, they'd probably been better picking the best songs and offering a single album.

What do you think the chances are of Insomniac, this, Tre, Dookie, etc. all still being in stock when Hot Cash is usable?

My only problem with the trilogy is each album seems to have one or two songs that have the same chord progression/melodies as another song on the trilogy.

there's definitely several instances on this trilogy of songs where they're blatantly ripping themselves off from other songs, not just other songs within the trilogy either. the prechorus of carpe diem will forever sound like the chorus on that b-side "suffocate" to me... because it's literally the same damn thing. and that's just one example, albeit one of the worst...

that said, there's a lot of growth here for them in these 3 albums, and i'll always love green day, so i look past it.

when they rip themselves off and theyre ripping off old b sides that havent really ever been properly released on a studio album, then i think thats ok, cause half the people hearing green day havent heard their b sides or shenanigans even for that matter.

there's definitely several instances on this trilogy of songs where they're blatantly ripping themselves off from other songs, not just other songs within the trilogy either. the prechorus of carpe diem will forever sound like the chorus on that b-side "suffocate" to me... because it's literally the same damn thing. and that's just one example, albeit one of the worst...

that said, there's a lot of growth here for them in these 3 albums, and i'll always love green day, so i look past it.

You're correct about "Carpe Diem" and "Suffocate." I noticed that immediately.

Also,

"Lazy Bones" sounds like both "Give Me Novocaine" and "Favorite Son."

"Missing You" is just "Wild One" but faster.

Both "Dirty Rotten Bastards" and "Amy" rip off separate portions of "Shoplifter," though the one in "Dirty Rotten Bastards" is especially grievous.

The guitar solo from "Oh Love" is also the guitar solo from "Before the Lobotomy"

...and that's just off the top of my head.