Year of shows 2012

Mighty Mighty Bosstones @ The Masquerade (ATL) - First time they've played anywhere remotely close to me since I started listening to them. They did not dissapoint and played a great set filled with a great variety of old and new stuff. I will not miss them if they ever come close again.

Pinstripes & The English Beat @ Variety Playhouse (ATL) - Seriously, The Pinstripes has to be one of the best new ska/reggae bands out there, and their live performance was completely unexpectedly terrific. Amazing 3 part harmony (Both vocally and the horn section), dancable, soulful, energetic. There isn't enough words to describe how good they are live. And saw the English Beat for the second time, they were as great as they were last time I saw them.

Fishbone - They played a free outdoor show in Chattanooga just beside the river. They were much beter than I expected live, and much more energetic than they sound on the albums. Also, it was cool outside, and much beter than be in a hot stuffy bar.

Propagandhi, Teenage Bottlerocket, Menzingers - It was a good show. I went primarily for TBR but Propagandhi and the Menzingers really were much beter than I expected.

Madness

I wanna see Madness so bad, but it looks like I'll have to fly overseas if I ever want to. Maybe next year...

I went to a couple fests and alot of smelly basement shows.

Youth of Today

NOFX

Rancid

The Cockney Rejects

The Adicts

Hot Water Music

7 Seconds

OFF!

The Refused

The Blood

Hatebreed

Boston Strangler

The English Beat

The Avengers

The Dickies

Agent Orange(2x)

The Queers

GBH

Torche (2)

Converge

Peacebreakers

The FU'S

Urban Waste

Peter and the Test Tube Babies

The Night Birds

Cocksparrer

The Templars

I am sure I missed some. It was a good year!

I wanna see Madness so bad, but it looks like I'll have to fly overseas if I ever want to. Maybe next year...

Yeah, the show really blew me away. I knew it would be good, but not that good. I would say it was even better than when I saw them in the 80's playing with the Go Go's and David Bowie. Everyone was so into it and happy.

The Specials have announced a tour, so hopefully I will get to see that.

Yeah, the show really blew me away. I knew it would be good, but not that good. I would say it was even better than when I saw them in the 80's playing with the Go Go's and David Bowie. Everyone was so into it and happy.

The Specials have announced a tour, so hopefully I will get to see that.

Man, that's awesome! I really hope either Madness or the Specials do a US tour eventually, although it probably won't happen. Only 2-tone band I've seen so far is The English Beat.

• 2 weeks later...

Only ended up seeing 5 shows this year, but I got to see a decent amount of bands:

The Fools

Sleeper Agent

fun.

Caribou

Radiohead (!!)

Human Sexual Response

Ra Ra Riot

The Joy Formidable

and I'm seeing The Killers a week from tomorrow to top it all off. Honestly, I could've just seen Radiohead this year and have been perfectly happy. Nothing like seeing your favorite band for the first time.

Update: Killers absolutely kicked ass. Definitely one of the greatest shows I've seen by far.

four year strong

nofx 2x

streetlight manifesto 3x

less than jake

the adicts 2x

desecndants

the used

polar bear club

koffin kats

offspring

rise against

alkaline trio