You're welcome. I'm not in NYC proper, but I live about 1 hr or so away. I go a lot. I also encourage seeing a musical. Literally any of them, but I'm a fan of Wicked and Hedwig. I still want to see Book of Mormon.

There's also lots of cool little music venues to check out. Williamsburg is literally packed with places. I would love to live there except I'm not hip or wealthy enough to pull that.

Ah! I would love to see Book of Mormon!

Soccer moms with DSLRs are ruining my life.

oh yeah, dont get me started on how everyone is photographer and when they wanna hire you, everyone is cheap. thing is...i dont even charge that much.

bride: "how much will i save if i edit the photos?" "my uncle takes photos too, can he help you?"

i wanna tell them that they could save a lot of if they let me cook the food for the wedding, i hope everyone likes boiled hot dogs.

And this is why NYC scares me!

I would protect you, but probably get beaten up :/

it's the thought that counts  :wub:

I want to see Evil Dead the musical

ME TOO

You're welcome. I'm not in NYC proper, but I live about 1 hr or so away. I go a lot. I also encourage seeing a musical. Literally any of them, but I'm a fan of Wicked and Hedwig. I still want to see Book of Mormon.

There's also lots of cool little music venues to check out. Williamsburg is literally packed with places. I would love to live there except I'm not hip or wealthy enough to pull that.

hedwig is awesome. so glad i got to see it back during its initial off-broadway run. been considering going again, but no one ever wants to go with me and broadway musicals are $$$$. i am neither hip nor wealthy. 

also, no idea you lived so close! 

oh yeah, dont get me started on how everyone is photographer and when they wanna hire you, everyone is cheap. thing is...i dont even charge that much.

bride: "how much will i save if i edit the photos?" "my uncle takes photos too, can he help you?"

i wanna tell them that they could save a lot of if they let me cook the food for the wedding, i hope everyone likes boiled hot dogs.

omg. yeah. glad i never decided to go the wedding photography route. i'd want to punch every bride in the face.

hedwig is awesome. so glad i got to see it back during its initial off-broadway run. been considering going again, but no one ever wants to go with me and broadway musicals are $$$$. i am neither hip nor wealthy. 

haha! I don't really think you have to be hip or wealthy. Just a generalzation. ;) I'm sure you're pretty hip though!

My wife and I will go with you. We want to see the OG as Hedwig (as JCM is the only person who could top NPH). It is costly as hell. Totally worth it though. For serious!

haha! I don't really think you have to be hip or wealthy. Just a generalzation. ;) I'm sure you're pretty hip though!

My wife and I will go with you. We want to see the OG as Hedwig (as JCM is the only person who could top NPH). It is costly as hell. Totally worth it though. For serious!

agreed! after seeing him in the OG run, i can't imagine seeing anyone else at Hedwig (although NPH would have been pretty rad). i'd be down. let me know if you guys want to go! 

This is from like a million pages back, but I'm pretty sure this Sears only has one mmechanic because they're in a garbage mall that is slowly closing down. It's funny, I've lived in this area my whole life and never once been inside this particular mall until yesterday. Here's how decrepit this mall is: dude at the movie theater was just like "You need weed?" after I paid for my ticket. Nothing subtle, just "You need weed?" I told him "I wish I could still smoke it because I feel like I need it every day. You got any acid though?"

When I mentioned acid he looked scared and confused.

This is from like a million pages back, but I'm pretty sure this Sears only has one mmechanic because they're in a garbage mall that is slowly closing down. It's funny, I've lived in this area my whole life and never once been inside this particular mall until yesterday. Here's how decrepit this mall is: dude at the movie theater was just like "You need weed?" after I paid for my ticket. Nothing subtle, just "You need weed?" I told him "I wish I could still smoke it because I feel like I need it every day. You got any acid though?"

When I mentioned acid he looked scared and confused.

Going to see the rerelease & literal translation of Die Hard?

39-bruce-willis-die-hard.jpg

agreed! after seeing him in the OG run, i can't imagine seeing anyone else at Hedwig (although NPH would have been pretty rad). i'd be down. let me know if you guys want to go! 

There is this thing where you can literally line up and wait longer than RSD at Bullmoose on Main Street, America and pay $70 for tickets that permit you to STAND in the back of the orchestra. The standing part is lame, but hey, it's only $70!!! (Personally I'd rather pay $150 for seats, but that's just me).

Cool aside: when we went (at least) these two famous people were there (there was this comedian dude, but i can't recall his name, only his face):

3208196-3x2-940x627.jpg

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic