I want to say that it's normally me? But usually because I'm responding to his texts from the night before after I've fallen asleep. 

Send him a text that says:

"Right?! He is really awesome and I feel so comfortable talking to him, but I just wish he would tell me if he sees this going any further."

Then send him a text right after and say:

"Shit. I think I just sent you a text that was meant for (insert friend's name here)."

Gates of communication opened.

If its been hours since you've last talked, I don't think it's bad if you text him first.  Erik actually did test me when it came to texting back when we first were talking... he would see if I replied right away or if I waited a while before responding.  It was pretty split down the middle as to who texted who first, though.

I honestly can't decide, ahahha. I'll definitely text him later tonight with my daily middle finger photo (I don't even know how that started but I vowed to text him a new picture of me flipping him off every day for the rest of his life and I haven't missed a day yet?! Hence the woman crush wednesday being a photo of my middle finger) But I think I'll wait it out a bit.

"Right?! He is really awesome and I feel so comfortable talking to him, but I just wish he would tell me if he sees this going any further."

"Shit. I think I just sent you a text that was meant for (insert friend's name here)."

Looooool, that's so high school I love it. I'd be too chicken for that, even though I know he tells everyone in the van that I'm his wife and sits in the corner of venues smiling at his phone when I text him.  :wub:  (Totally helps when one of your friends just so happens to be his tour manager, you get all the dirt.) 

You could always just send him this:

tumblr_n7nnbbqSzC1r37zvjo1_500.jpg

I bet it will start conversation.

Very good point. 

I'm not so concerned about what to say/text. We communicate very well and with ease, so it's more like the whole WILL HE BE LIKE WHY THIS BITCH ALWAYS TEXT FIRST?!?! if I text him first?

My town does a Fourth of July parade tonight at midnight. The street I park on is closed until after parade. Drunk idiots all day, plus not being able to leave when the store closes. We can Thelma and Louise this situation high five then drive off a cliff.

Two years ago my apartment was the end of the parade route. I had to park a block away in a municipal lot because I couldnt even get on my street to get to my private lot. I was coming home from work and had no time for bullshit. I very dangerously cut off a minivan for the last spot. Dude starts screaming at me and I just yelled "You talk like that in front of your kids?" No regrets.

Two years ago my apartment was the end of the parade route. I had to park a block away in a municipal lot because I couldnt even get on my street to get to my private lot. I was coming home from work and had no time for bullshit. I very dangerously cut off a minivan for the last spot. Dude starts screaming at me and I just yelled "You talk like that in front of your kids?" No regrets.

Parades should be banned for stupidity and inconvenience.

Lagoon, if you want to talk to boy, text boy. Boy will never think about or care who started the conversation - boy will enjoy conversation regardless of who initiated it.

Cool?

Hahaha cool!

This isn't just a boy thing entirely but a me thing too. Idk. I'm so bad at this. This is why I like to be alone.

Looooool, that's so high school I love it. I'd be too chicken for that, even though I know he tells everyone in the van that I'm his wife and sits in the corner of venues smiling at his phone when I text him.  :wub:  (Totally helps when one of your friends just so happens to be his tour manager, you get all the dirt.) 

Very good point. 

I'm not so concerned about what to say/text. We communicate very well and with ease, so it's more like the whole WILL HE BE LIKE WHY THIS BITCH ALWAYS TEXT FIRST?!?! if I text him first?

Hmmm....boy on tour and friend is tour manager. Is this who I think it is?

Edit:  Just be the wonderful lady you are. He already likes you and you like him. Go with it and DONT freak out. It doesn't really matter who texts who first because no one will remember that a few days from now. You kids are cute.  :D

Hmmm....boy on tour and friend is tour manager. Is this who I think it is?

Edit:  Just be the wonderful lady you are. He already likes you and you like him. Go with it and DONT freak out. It doesn't really matter who texts who first because no one will remember that a few days from now. You kids are cute.  :D

MIDLY FORGOT THAT THEY STAYED WITH YOU. 

*cue weird giggles and a lot of blushing from embarrassment* maaaaaaaayyyybeeeeee.

I walked home from work and I'm sweating so much please help.

Also this probably belongs in man advice thread, but when you're like...talking to someone...what is proper etiquette for who texts first? I understand how high school that sounds, but I always have severe fear of looking clingy and this situation is already sort of sticky. I feel like it's just going to end in a stalemate today and neither of us are going to text because of everything going on.

BUT I DON'T wANT TO BE FIRST TODAY.

Just go for it! The beginning is always super awkward

I walked home from work and I'm sweating so much please help.

Also this probably belongs in man advice thread, but when you're like...talking to someone...what is proper etiquette for who texts first? I understand how high school that sounds, but I always have severe fear of looking clingy and this situation is already sort of sticky. I feel like it's just going to end in a stalemate today and neither of us are going to text because of everything going on.

BUT I DON'T wANT TO BE FIRST TODAY.

I'd say it doesn't matter who texts who first, just as long as the conversation is flowing then no need to worry. But I'll stop texting if the conversation dies

This is very clever. I will have to remember to ask you for advice in the future.

Awe! Logan. You're so cute.

I am having the same text problem with this dude.... It can be confusing to be sure. Lots just like DO YOU WANNA TEXT ME OR NAW?

^^Possibly the most incorrect grammar I've ever written.....

I still love you anyway, ahhaha. And thank you! I think a lot of it is the control freak in me because if I text first I feel like I lose control over a situation and I don't like that. But since Lauryn figured out very quickly who it was about...and she's met him, she gave me good big sis advice. But you would think something so silly wouldn't feel so difficult!

This has turned in to Vaginyl Collective real quick!

No...it's turned into Man Advice real quick. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic