My iPod officially died. 20 days before I leave on my trip. The month that I lose my job. 

brb hiding out in a dark corner for all eternity. 

:( If it makes you feel better....

My iPod was stolen a few years back and my iPhone is too small to put more than 2 albums on it at a time. :/

I can ship you one to borrow for your trip. I've got a 30GB iPod video, an 8GB Nano, or a 1GB Shuffle (lol)

Let me know.

That is a really solid thing for you to do, man.

:( If it makes you feel better....

My iPod was stolen a few years back and my iPhone is too small to put more than 2 albums on it at a time. :/

That is a really solid thing for you to do, man.

The worst! I can't fit much on my phone either, it's awful. Since wifi won't be on planes, I can't exactly rely on Pandora to save the day either. 

Jared rules. Ya'll are too nice to me.

A.) why are you hoarding allll the ipods? 

B.) that is so lovely of you I am PMing you now

1. The 30GB iPod video was the first one I bought. My music library has outgrown it, so I don't use it much anymore.

2. The shuffle was bought to take snowboarding so I didn't ruin the 30GB

3. The Nano was used in my car for a while/iPod emergencies

I've also got a dead 160GB. I bought it a few years ago off Craigslist. It has "Albie Picasso: Fashionista Superstar" engraved on the back. It was a sad day when Albie's hard drive failed. :(

I've got a living 160GB now though, so everything's gravy. My music library has almost outgrown that one though.

1. The 30GB iPod video was the first one I bought. My music library has outgrown it, so I don't use it much anymore.

2. The shuffle was bought to take snowboarding so I didn't ruin the 30GB

3. The Nano was used in my car for a while/iPod emergencies

I've also got a dead 160GB. I bought it a few years ago off Craigslist. It has "Albie Picasso: Fashionista Superstar" engraved on the back. It was a sad day when Albie's hard drive failed. :(

I've got a living 160GB now though, so everything's gravy. My music library has almost outgrown that one though.

Mine had "I'm an animal, can you handle it?" on the back. SO. If you ever see a super old red iPod nano with that on the back, the asshole stole it from me.

That being said, I agree. Albie sounds like a badass. Sorry to hear of your loss.

How did you do that?

Eh. It wasn't really that bad. It's my Glock, which, y'know, is mostly "plastic" anyway. So, I hadn't replaced the recoil guide rod with a stainless steel one yet and the end snapped off of it when I put it back together and was pulling the slide back.  I was honestly just waiting for it to happen so I could justify ordering a stainless steel replacement, which I did.  Used some Chase points and it ended up costing like $6.

So...all in all, the best part to break. :)

Mine was one of the (RED) brand ones. Haha I was such a nerd. I got it when iPod nanos were pretty new. Back in.... 2006? 2007?

I wanted one in the worst way because red is one of my favorite colors.  I've had the 20gb iPod photo which broke skateboarding, an 80gb silver one which just randomly failed and a 160gb which failed then randomly started working again.  Some songs don't work, but I'll take it.  Oh and I randomly picked one of the 3rd gen shuffles because I had a best buy gift card and nothing better to spend it on.

welcome_shuffle3gen.jpg

No buttons, it sucks.

Eh. It wasn't really that bad. It's my Glock, which, y'know, is mostly "plastic" anyway. So, I hadn't replaced the recoil guide rod with a stainless steel one yet and the end snapped off of it when I put it back together and was pulling the slide back. I was honestly just waiting for it to happen so I could justify ordering a stainless steel replacement, which I did. Used some Chase points and it ended up costing like $6.

So...all in all, the best part to break. :)

Sounds like it worked out!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic