Is it bad that I don't even remember what I preordered? It's bad. Oof. I'm slowing down my spending! I had way too much fun this summer :(

I told my wife I only had one more thing coming the other day and I legitimately believed it...then I started getting notifications and was like..."shit. I have to think about what is actually on its way to me." So I made a list.

(she wasn't too happy about how many records were coming in lately.)

I haven't actually bought or pre-ordered a record in almost a month now. It feels strange. I'm kinda glad, though, because that means for the most part I've been spending money on things I actually need first, and saving "fun stuff" for later.

I will say, though, I do want to go back to Atlanta in the next week or so and see if they still have a copy of the most recent Cloud Nothings album on blue vinyl. They had like 12 of them when it was released and always seemed to have some every time I went in, but I haven't been in a few weeks, so who knows.

(Edit: When I pre-order something, I add it to my "Incoming" section on DF. When I get it, I move it to whichever section it belongs in. Works well enough.)

I like how you added info to yours. Mine just gets new stuff added to the bottom and when the stuff near the bottom comes first I cry and pray for the old stuff on top to show up.

df05de4efdc5a75022febf422dc1ece3.png

Yeah, the info was a second thought really, I needed to see when everything was coming!

I'll post the whole thing actually. It's...kind of ridiculous. You guys can see my top buys...they're not really in order, but they're a nice cross-section of my musical tastes.  Nothing tooooo embarrassing at least.

16ks2tt.jpg

My list is pretty minimal these days, which I like.

2 orders incoming:

Fireworks - Oh, Common Life, 2nd press /500
Bjork CDs

2 crowdfunded pre orders:

The Schoenberg Automaton tab books
Ichneumonidae rewards

2 upcoming albums I'll be buying soonish

The Contortionist - Language
Kayo Dot - Coffins on Io

Then I have a larger list of less crucial stuff that I mean to get around to when cash flow allows.

I usually put pre-order dates/release date too... and then I'll sometimes put the date something shipped when I mark it shipped, and/or put the tracking number next to it if I get one, all so I can get a rough idea when it'll show up.

Yeah, the info was a second thought really, I needed to see when everything was coming!

I'll post the whole thing actually. It's...kind of ridiculous. You guys can see my top buys...they're not really in order, but they're a nice cross-section of my musical tastes.  Nothing tooooo embarrassing at least.

16ks2tt.jpg

Those Cursive records will be mine one day as well.

I like that everyone has the "maybe I'll buy this eventually" list. Mine actually has a bunch of albums that I love on it, but newer albums keep getting in the way of me buying them.

Also, as a side note, I get really annoyed when people look through my collection and say "where's the Animal Collective/Arcade Fire stuff?" As if those are the crucial albums that I absolutely must own to call myself a record collector. I've been told this more than once by several different people.

I like that everyone has the "maybe I'll buy this eventually" list. Mine actually has a bunch of albums that I love on it, but newer albums keep getting in the way of me buying them.

Also, as a side note, I get really annoyed when people look through my collection and say "where's the Animal Collective/Arcade Fire stuff?" As if those are the crucial albums that I absolutely must own to call myself a record collector. I've been told this more than once by several different people.

I hate that shit too. I do own some of their albums, but whenever anybody is like, "oh, no ______?" I'm like..."well, do you see any? No? Then nope, I don't have it." Boo to those folks.

Totally.

LOL - I don't own any AF, and I have 1 AC record - Strawberry Jam, and it's up for sale.  I didn't mind it when it came out but kinda got tired of it and the whole band in general.  Only album from them that I really dug was Sung Tongs, the first stuff I heard from them was off that album and is what introduced me/got me into them.

Panda Bear - Person Pitch is a good album though, I have that on vinyl too, and I prefer it over most AC stuff.

I've got two or three records that could pay for the whole thing if they sell. I don't know if I want to try here or just throw 'em on ebay.

Ooh, what are they?!

It's funny, I love Cursive. Every album means so much to me, but I've yet to obtain any of them on vinyl even though all but those two are easy to get.

I wouldn't mind replacing my copy of Ugly Organ with a green one, but I got my black one for cheaps, so I can't see paying $30+ for a green one.

Totally.

LOL - I don't own any AF, and I have 1 AC record - Strawberry Jam, and it's up for sale.  I didn't mind it when it came out but kinda got tired of it and the whole band in general.  Only album from them that I really dug was Sung Tongs, the first stuff I heard from them was off that album and is what introduced me/got me into them.

Panda Bear - Person Pitch is a good album though, I have that on vinyl too, and I prefer it over most AC stuff.

This. I like Feels and Sun Tongs, but I'm pretty much over them as well. It was fun while it lasted, RIP Animal Collective.

I also only own Strawberry Jam. Best AC album.

I agree with AF being crucial though :P

16ks2tt.jpg

I have a 1st pressing of the Self Titled Alkaline Trio record on blue swirl/marble/haze/whatever I'm down to sell in you're interested.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic