I was sitting at the bar eating dinner and reading a book at the hotel and this dude was staring at me. I felt really uncomfortable so I Tried to eat my sandwich with great abandon so that he would be like "gross" but he just kept staring.

Like fifteen minutes later he came up to me and put one hand on my chair and the other on the counter... So awkward. And he said "so how many dues have you racked up on that libaray book?" A very awkward conversation followed where he tried to guess what my book was about and I tried to kind of explain it without making it seem like I actually wanted to talk to him at all... And he kept interrupting with these comments I guess he thought were clever. And finally he asked if he could buy me a drink and I was like "no thanks" and he said "oh well how long are you here and I said "till tomorrow morning. It will be an early morning for me" and he said "well just my luck. Well I hope you have a good flight" and then he like touched my arm and walked away while glancing back at me.

It was WEIRD.

Aaaaaah!!!! How awkward! I like the part about the sandwich because that's exactly what I would have done too. Lol.

And the thing was... He was cute. But he was kind of into himself. I mean. He left his co worker standing there when he put the moves on me. He was just kind of a cocky business man.

Ugh!! I can't handle that whole being into himself thing. I understand self confidence but it's completely different from being totally into yourself. I will purposely be an asshole to a guy like that. They usually think they're above me anyway so we are kind of moot on disliking each other right away.

Randy( Bea Arthur) I'm watching "my girl" and it reminds me of you because of your job. I'm sure you hear that a lot though. That and 6 feet under but I have major respect for what you do!

Is it typically a work from home job? I noticed that is the case with this movie and 6 feet under but it's also tv.

Apologizes if I've overspoke. I'm sure there are a lot of things you can't discuss with the public.

Randy( Bea Arthur) I'm watching "my girl" and it reminds me of you because of your job. I'm sure you hear that a lot though. That and 6 feet under but I have major respect for what you do!

Is it typically a work from home job? I noticed that is the case with this movie and 6 feet under but it's also tv.

Apologizes if I've overspoke. I'm sure there are a lot of things you can't discuss with the public.

yeah the funny business with the corpses on tv only happens when it's slow

Can I just say that I never liked the mom. My friends said I would eventually but I could never stand her.

wait you don't like frances conroy? we should internet fight.

okay not really i just stopped in to say hello to all of you fine people

wait you don't like frances conroy? we should internet fight.

okay not really i just stopped in to say hello to all of you fine people

She was awesome in American horror story! I absolutely loved her! But her character in six feet under was annoying. Couldn't stand her character at all.

And hello! :D

I got back from Atlanta a few hours ago, but it was quite a day. To summarize:

IKEA was sold out of the bookshelf I wanted, which was the primary reason why I went to ATL in the first place, so that sucked. Also, I didn't realize how loose-fitting my shoes were until I started getting blisters on the soles of my feet(???), so that also sucked. But it wasn't all bad! I got to walk around Lenox/Buckhead for a while, which is where all of the rich people and athletes have condos, so it's really pretty and there are cool skyscrapers and restaurants and stuff there. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the city. AND I found a copy of Cloud Nothings - Here and Nowhere Else on light blue vinyl at Criminal Records, which is super rad.

Also, the rappers trying to sell their mixtapes on CD-Rs in Little 5 Points were out in droves today for some reason.

Hey, sorry, I've been popping in and out this evening.

I don't work from home everrrrrr. I'm sure it's different with independent funeral homes, but I work for a corporate one, so when I'm at work, I'm at work and when I'm at home I'm at home.  The only thing I do at home is answer the phone when I'm on call and the phones are forwarded to me.

If I owned my own place and lived above it I think it would be very different of course.

I do catch myself talking to the people in the embalming room sometimes, but it's mostly kind of talking to them instead of myself, reminding myself of everything I have to do, or apologizing if I nudge them or move something I didn't mean to.

It's alright to talk about stuff to people as long as I don't really give any kind of specific details about cases or say anything mean.

i also do not know you but your username is the best username i have ever seen in my life and i am old enough to remember when the internet was invented.

Ha! If that was directed at me I appreciate it. I doooo try to wow with my usernames. My name is John, previously on here I was digdeeper, then the ghost of randy savage, now bea.

And you're welcome! I love my job. I got into it to help families through a tough time, and I like being able to do that. I do both sides of the job and enjoy each one equally as much, even though they both have their challenges at times.

I extra appreciate the sentiment today, because it was a somewhat frustrating day. :)

Hey, sorry, I've been popping in and out this evening.

I don't work from home everrrrrr. I'm sure it's different with independent funeral homes, but I work for a corporate one, so when I'm at work, I'm at work and when I'm at home I'm at home. The only thing I do at home is answer the phone when I'm on call and the phones are forwarded to me.

If I owned my own place and lived above it I think it would be very different of course.

I do catch myself talking to the people in the embalming room sometimes, but it's mostly kind of talking to them instead of myself, reminding myself of everything I have to do, or apologizing if I nudge them or move something I didn't mean to.

It's alright to talk about stuff to people as long as I don't really give any kind of specific details about cases or say anything mean.

I have huge respect for what you do. I know a lot of people couldn't do that, including myself. I don't even want to attend any funeral, much less help the grieving and work with the deceased. I imagine it could get very emotionally draining.

Good morning VC. I think I'm the first one up?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic