Haha why though?

My life.

But I bought a bed, furniture and kitchen things when I was 18.

If you saw my room you would understand:

-55 LED

-350 records

-mmf 2.2

-polks

-headphone amp

-DAC

-ps4

-blurays

-3 pairs of headphones

-macbook

-a futon

-band shirts

-and none of the essentials that every human should have

I have to go shit house at IKEA next week with housewares, and fucking spatulas,knives, bathroom rug, shower curtain, all that dumb shit you NEED, but that I haven't ever needed to buy for some odd reason. Haha.

What's your favorite burrito place in SLC?

That's an interesting question.

Beto's if I want diarrhea, but only want to walk 3 blocks.

Chipotle if I'm lazy, but not 3 blocks lazy (since it's in Sugar House).

Cafe Rio is I'm feeling fancy.

Taco Bell if it's late.

Freebird's if I want one as big as my head.

Any recommendations before I leave?

And I live like 2 blocks from Lucky 13 so I'm a sucker for that pb burger and garlic fries. NOMS.

I seriously love buying house things? I love it? So much? I think I'm broken? Maybe? 

Really though, I get STOKED when I see cool house appliances on sale and then sad that I don't have my own place to put them. I bought sheets and a really nice blanket the other week, I'm still excited about it. 

With my tax return last year I bought new pillows, pillow cases, and an expedit for my records. 

BUT the ultimate biggest thing for me was when I thrifted my fuzzy white carpet. God bless America. 

When I had an apartment it was actually less fun but only because I didn't trust my roommate and she didn't pitch in money. So I often felt like "why should I buy things for the house if she isn't going to do the same?" 

If you saw my room you would understand:

-55 LED

-350 records

-mmf 2.2

-polks

-headphone amp

-DAC

-ps4

-blurays

-3 pairs of headphones

-macbook

-a futon

-band shirts

-and none of the essentials that every human should have

I have to go shit house at IKEA next week with housewares, and fucking spatulas,knives, bathroom rug, shower curtain, all that dumb shit you NEED, but that I haven't ever needed to buy for some odd reason. Haha.

I think you will find stuff that you'll like at IKEA. You can still keep the essentials minimal. Honestly, I wish I lived by myself for that reason. My roommate is a freaking hoarder sometimes and there is so much shit we could get rid of or replace with something that makes more sense, but she is terrified of change.

Whatever. At least I have a decently priced apartment in SF. Not many people can say that.

You still haven't mentioned why the GIF will haunt you though. haha

There is a sushi burrito place I want to visit in SF

I am so scared / intrigued about these. It sounds like it could be really good or extremely awful. 

I seriously love buying house things? I love it? So much? I think I'm broken? Maybe? 

Really though, I get STOKED when I see cool house appliances on sale and then sad that I don't have my own place to put them. I bought sheets and a really nice blanket the other week, I'm still excited about it. 

With my tax return last year I bought new pillows, pillow cases, and an expedit for my records. 

BUT the ultimate biggest thing for me was when I thrifted my fuzzy white carpet. God bless America. 

When I had an apartment it was actually less fun but only because I didn't trust my roommate and she didn't pitch in money. So I often felt like "why should I buy things for the house if she isn't going to do the same?" 

This is me exactly. I nerd out going to ikea and thinking of all the possibilities.  My family asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said money for records, or giftcards to Ikea. haha

EDIT: dyslexia. 

I think you will find stuff that you'll like at IKEA. You can still keep the essentials minimal. Honestly, I wish I lived by myself for that reason. My roommate is a freaking hoarder sometimes and there is so much shit we could get rid of or replace with something that makes more sense, but she is terrified of change.

Whatever. At least I have a decently priced apartment in SF. Not many people can say that.

You still haven't mentioned why the GIF will haunt you though. haha

I actually have an IKEA list. I'm excited to buy knives, even though they don't have the ceramic ones anymore. And I bought a bed set at target last night for $17, marked down from $60. Win.

I actually have an IKEA list. I'm excited to buy knives, even though they don't have the ceramic ones anymore. And I bought a bed set at target last night for $17, marked down from $60. Win.

There is this dinner set at Target that I want. Ya. I want a dinner set like a motherfucking adult. I am waiting for it to go on sale.

I am so scared / intrigued about these. It sounds like it could be really good or extremely awful. 

This is me exactly. I nerd out going to ikea and thinking of all the possibilities.  My family asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said money for records, or giftcards to Ikea. haha

EDIT: dyslexia. 

Yes to all of this

I love buying house stuff.

I'm crazy about like...jars and shelves and stuff to put other stuff in.

I love Ikea.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic