I did nothing all weekend, it sucked and bummed me out. I really don't feel like being at work and talking on the phone all day. Last Friday I was getting pretty annoyed on the phones, which I'm sure showed once my boss listens to the recordings.

I did nothing all weekend, it sucked and bummed me out. I really don't feel like being at work and talking on the phone all day. Last Friday I was getting pretty annoyed on the phones, which I'm sure showed once my boss listens to the recordings.

Do you work in a call center?

Do you work in a call center?

Well, kinda. Help Desk support, so IT-ish stuff over the phone for a large tire manufacturer - support all their stores and dealers.

Sounds better than being the first level employee. I really can't take phone jobs anymore. It's all I've done since I was 15.

I started out on the phone doing tech support for at&t u-verse.  i knew i was either going to move up in the company or move out.  i was good at it, just didn't like doing it after about the 20th time teaching an old lady how to operate a universal remote.

I started out on the phone doing tech support for at&t u-verse.  i knew i was either going to move up in the company or move out.  i was good at it, just didn't like doing it after about the 20th time teaching an old lady how to operate a universal remote.

Yeah, it gets a little old. My day usually consists of dealers calling in trying to get documents pushed through on our site for tire sales, but they are too lazy to look up the requirements on the site so they call us and ask for them.

Edit: Wow, just had a dealer trying to bill out a tree company for tires, and he wanted to know where to get the information for the credit card field on the form.... I don't know sir, probably the CC# of the driver or company...

Yeah, it gets a little old. My day usually consists of dealers calling in trying to get documents pushed through on our site for tire sales, but they are too lazy to look up the requirements on the site so they call us and ask for them.

Edit: Wow, just had a dealer trying to bill out a tree company for tires, and he wanted to know where to get the information for the credit card field on the form.... I don't know sir, probably the CC# of the driver or company...

If there's one thing you can count on, it's that you'll encounter at least one idiot each day

If there's one thing you can count on, it's that you'll encounter at least one idiot each day

I'm surprised if I talk to one person who is not an idiot. The worst is when someone says they are calling in from loves truck stop, because you know you're in a for long dumb call.

I'm pretty sure these weird headaches and brain zaps I'm getting are from Zoloft withdrawal, but my doctor is being a dick and won't refill it until I go see him. The problem is, my insurance has not restarted yet and I can't miss a day to go see him yet.

I'm pretty sure these weird headaches and brain zaps I'm getting are from Zoloft withdrawal, but my doctor is being a dick and won't refill it until I go see him. The problem is, my insurance has not restarted yet and I can't miss a day to go see him yet.

My doc forces me to make an appt before he refills my scrips. Then once I get them, I cancel my appt. They hold us hostage.

Yeah those brain zaps are definitely from Zoloft withdrawal. Shit fucking sucks.

Yeah those brain zaps are definitely from Zoloft withdrawal. Shit fucking sucks.

Yeah, they are pretty scary. Makes my brain really foggy, which makes it hard to concentrate and think normal.

My doc forces me to make an appt before he refills my scrips. Then once I get them, I cancel my appt. They hold us hostage.

That's what I did today. Also had Walgreens call them directly for a refill. Time to find a new doctor, since it is ridiculous I have to see hi mfor anxiety meds. I can see other meds that can cause problems and need blood work to check out.

Yeah, they are pretty scary. Makes my brain really foggy, which makes it hard to concentrate and think normal.

That's what I did today. Also had Walgreens call them directly for a refill. Time to find a new doctor, since it is ridiculous I have to see hi mfor anxiety meds. I can see other meds that can cause problems and need blood work to check out.

yeah I've been on the same antidepressants & anti-anxiety meds for years. Why he has to see me every 6 months is absurd.

yeah I've been on the same antidepressants & anti-anxiety meds for years. Why he has to see me every 6 months is absurd.

I'm sure the doctors will always cite it as their responsibility.  IE, people in the past have gone X number of months without having a check-up with their prescribing doctor for whatever prescription, they develop some sort of illness from the prescription and then sue the doctor for not catching the problem early on.  It's a win-win for the doctors.  By forcing patients to have regular check-ups, they protect themselves from being sued and also get your money for each of those visits.

I take omeprazole for chronic heartburn, got a prescription for it to save a little money vs. buying OTC, my old doctor made me get a check-up every six months before they'd giving me refills.  switched to a doctor that doesn't make me do that.  i thought that was pretty ridiculous for something you can buy OTC.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. They act like it's to check up on how the meds are affecting our mood/anxiety/depression, but really they just want more of our money.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. They act like it's to check up on how the meds are affecting our mood/anxiety/depression, but really they just want more of our money.

Sad but true.  Healthcare and Insurance are both complete bullshit in the US.  My company's insurance offerings went bad really fast.  I used to have co-pays, now if i want co-pays i have to get a super expensive health insurance plan.  The plan i have now that is middle of the line has a $3,600 annual deductible.... so basically.  unless there is something seriously wrong with me or my son (EG, someone loses an appendage), we do not seek medical attention.

Sad but true.  Healthcare and Insurance are both complete bullshit in the US.  My company's insurance offerings went bad really fast.  I used to have co-pays, now if i want co-pays i have to get a super expensive health insurance plan.  The plan i have now that is middle of the line has a $3,600 annual deductible.... so basically.  unless there is something seriously wrong with me or my son (EG, someone loses an appendage), we do not seek medical attention.

Pretty much how I am anymore. It's sad that our country is so far behind the rest of the world in paying for health care (we do have good health care, just not affordable). How can the 1% live if we have socialized medicine? Does anyone ever think of the 1%?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic