Hey guys! Sitting in the barbershop on my lunch break trying not to fall asleep. Been at work since 6 and still have a few more hours to go. Good lord this check next Friday will be glorious!

When I work a ton of OT I buy myself something I've been really wanting and normally wouldn't buy. It doesn't have to be expensive but you should do that. DOOOOO THAT!! :D

Originally my post had Alanis Morisette instead of Fiona Apple, but I figure Alanis had a lot more commercial success and the songs off Jagged Little Pill still get a lot of radio play.

Plus, I think BarkingLot would have gotten deported if he had said he didn't know who she was.

I'll never forget my 9th grade english teacher lecturing the class about her song Ironic and it's terribleness.  I haven't heard it since that class, so I don't remember how terrible it is.

I'll never forget my 9th grade english teacher lecturing the class about her song Ironic and it's terribleness.  I haven't heard it since that class, so I don't remember how terrible it is.

It's only terrible in the sense that nothing in the song is truly ironic...it's just shitty.

Yeah, I remember him telling us that it was so bad because nothing she says is actually ironic.  But then I got to thinking...maybe that's why the song is called Ironic.  Isn't there a line about a spoon or something?  That's all I remember.  Googling the lyrics now.

Ten thousand spooooons when allll you neeed is a kniiiife

A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break

In all seriousness, I had some dude threaten to call the cops on me because I was smoking in front of a no smoking sign

Dude literally went hundreds of feet out of his way to do it, I was as far away from people as possible and not bothering anyone.

Working overtime makes me incredibly sad. I'm a deadbeat and defaulted on my stupid student loans so my wages are garnished. No matter how many hours I work my paycheck is always the same because the more I make the more they take. I had 10 hours of overtime and 4 hours of holiday pay a couple weeks ago and made the exact same "I can barely survive" amount of money.

Don't go to college, kids.

In all seriousness, I had some dude threaten to call the cops on me because I was smoking in front of a no smoking sign

Dude literally went hundreds of feet out of his way to do it, I was as far away from people as possible and not bothering anyone.

I go out of my way to keep my habit away from others. I don't smoke in front of entrances, keep my distance from any non-smokers, do the courtesy wave even when no ones around, tap the end out & pocket the butt til I get home. We are a minority that need to stand up for our right to pollute our lungs if we want to.

I go out of my way to keep my habit away from others. I don't smoke in front of entrances, keep my distance from any non-smokers, do the courtesy wave even when no ones around, tap the end out & pocket the butt til I get home. We are a minority that need to stand up for our right to pollute our lungs if we want to.

I have a picture of me smoking in front of the Truth van when I was 15.

Wasn't even like I was smoking in front of a hospital or something. It was outside a fucking mall. I remember when you couldn't get NEAR a mall without walking through a cloud of smoke and numetal/goth kids.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic