Also, specific to NJ http://www.jerseyemploymentlawyers.com/lawyer-attorney-1907442.html

This is where you're probably ok finding new employment:

For a non-compete agreement to be enforceable, New Jersey courts require that the non-compete agreement (1) protects the legitimate interests of the employer; (2) does not impose an undue hardship on the employee; and (3) is not injurious to the public.

Why is it that Mondays are inherently a shitty day? Even when you wake up with the sunniest disposition and try to start things off on a POSI note, it all goes out the window.

/ livejournal entry.

;)

Woke up today with a sharp pain in my guts, ended up praying the the porcelain God. Managed to get to work, during line-up I started shaking and sweating. As soon as the Foreman was done I told him I tried to make it through the day but it's not happening, plus they wanted me to train a new guy and I hate doing that shit. I bid this job specifically because the duties are bare-minimum with a lot of downtime. I don't mind training new hires for locomotive movement, especially since they'll be doing that 40 hours a week in 120° heat for their first 5 years at the least, but on this job we do a lot of sitting in ATVs and Jeeps. Took me 6 years of seniority to get paid to sit on my nuts 4 days a week, I'm not sweeping while squeezing my cheeks together because Johnny Clean Boots wants to look like a hero.

Is it just a non-compete clause?

http://www.hrexaminer.com/is-your-non-compete-agreement-enforceable/

Did you sign it when you started working for him?

I'd ask to see it.

I honestly cant remember if I signed one. But if I did, it was after I was hired.  So I think this would save me:

The first thing to look at is whether there was some form of payment or consideration for the non-compete agreement. When the agreement is signed at the beginning of employment, courts will usually interpret the NCA to be part of the overall employment deal and find that there was some fair exchange for the agreement. But when an employer asks an employee to sign a non-compete agreement after starting employment and there is no extra payment or benefit to the employee for signing it, then almost all courts will invalidate the agreement for lack of consideration.

Also, specific to NJ http://www.jerseyemploymentlawyers.com/lawyer-attorney-1907442.html

This is where you're probably ok finding new employment:

For a non-compete agreement to be enforceable, New Jersey courts require that the non-compete agreement (1) protects the legitimate interests of the employer; (2) does not impose an undue hardship on the employee; and (3) is not injurious to the public.

Thank you so much for helping me out with this! I'm bookmarking both of these web pages. :)

Nice!

Yeah, non-compete clauses are bullshit, so I get really worked up when I see people who are stuck in them.

Yeah my boss is always so smug about it when he talks about his contracts. He fired this one guy and is all happy that he cant get work in NJ now. He's basically forcing a blue collar $13/hr guy to find work out of state. it makes me so upset.

Yeah my boss is always so smug about it when he talks about his contracts. He fired this one guy and is all happy that he cant get work in NJ now. He's basically forcing a blue collar $13/hr guy to find work out of state. it makes me so upset.

Ah, you should show that guy these websites too! (and have him file for unemployment, since your boss sounds like a real piece of shit.)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic