Damn. He's such a douche.

I've seen Koz a few times live long before this whole big blow up over his attitude became such public talk, but he's always been surly as hell. He stopped a song once at a show I attended to talk shit to me for "not having a girlfriend huh?" because I was writing down his set list as he was playing. I can deal with pissy artist, but his new songs just aren't songs to me so I wouldn't pay to watch him avoid playing any of his back catalog

I've seen Koz a few times live long before this whole big blow up over his attitude became such public talk, but he's always been surly as hell. He stopped a song once at a show I attended to talk shit to me for "not having a girlfriend huh?" because I was writing down his set list as he was playing. I can deal with pissy artist, but his new songs just aren't songs to me so I wouldn't pay to watch him avoid playing any of his back catalog

I've never really listened to any of his music, but the song "Carry Me Ohio" has always bothered me because he sings about a river flowing into Lake Erie, that does not flow into Lake Erie at all. Damn local knowledge ruined it for me.

I've never really listened to any of his music, but the song "Carry Me Ohio" has always bothered me because he sings about a river flowing into Lake Erie, that does not flow into Lake Erie at all. Damn local knowledge ruined it for me.

So the Tuscarawas doesn't flow into the Great Lakes? lol Sorry...I had too say it lol

Anyone have a favorite musician that you love their work but at the same time you enjoy making fun of them for one reason or another based on their personality or mannerisms like, I like Dave Matthews and always will, but I really like joking about his drunken stage jibber jabber. Same with Kozelek, I own damn near anything he's ever put his name on, but I still joke about his shitty attitude and his love for cats & antiques.

So the Tuscarawas doesn't flow into the Great Lakes? lol Sorry...I had too say it lol

Nope, dumps into the Cuyahoga River, which in turn flows into Lake Erie about 30 miles North. I think he is origninally from Massillon, where the Tuscarawas does run. It's also a little shithole of a town.

Nope, dumps into the Cuyahoga River, which in turn flows into Lake Erie about 30 miles North. I think he is origninally from Massillon, where the Tuscarawas does run. It's also a little shithole of a town.

Gotcha. And yes, from what I have gathered it isn't somewhere you should be proud of being from. I met a woman online once and she was from there, but had no clue who he was even though they are close in age. She told me people there look down on you for being from Massillon. Makes his oafish ways seem more normal in reality. He's just a guy who managed to write really beautiful music, but he's as deep as a mud puddle in reality. 

It is weird how people like that can write such good music. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it, just enjoy his music for what it is and not him as a person (if he is that much of a dick).

It is weird how people like that can write such good music. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it, just enjoy his music for what it is and not him as a person (if he is that much of a dick).

It's always been about the music to me, after all, you have no idea who these people are even after you've fallen in love with their band or them as a songwriter/singer. But once their antics become more prevalent than more worthwhile output, when do you just give up?

It's always been about the music to me, after all, you have no idea who these people are even after you've fallen in love with their band or them as a songwriter/singer. But once their antics become more prevalent than more worthwhile output, when do you just give up?

Very true. It is a strange thing to think about.

Anyone have a favorite musician that you love their work but at the same time you enjoy making fun of them for one reason or another based on their personality or mannerisms like, I like Dave Matthews and always will, but I really like joking about his drunken stage jibber jabber. Same with Kozelek, I own damn near anything he's ever put his name on, but I still joke about his shitty attitude and his love for cats & antiques.

Charles Manson.  He was actually a pretty good songwriter.  But, y'know, the whole murder thing...

Damn being a contractor. The actually company I work at is off Thursday and Friday, but we have to work both days. Friday is time and a half though, so that's ok I guess.

What the fuck is wrong me with lately? I feel really hot, dizzy, and am sweating really bad again. I feel like I might pass out. This usually happens when I'm anxious, but I felt fine until this started. I'm on medicine again, so maybe it has not kicked in yet, but this sucks. I want to go home and lay down forever. My body is probably shutting down, and I'm dying.

I think it's all just my mental health truthfully. I am doing better, but just feel weird lately. I don't know why, and my doctor just blamed it on my anxiety when I saw him on Friday. It is probably a cycle of anxiety begetting more anxiety. Hopefully my pills kick in soon, and I'll be back to normal. I'm doing ok though. Venting helps me work out stress by seeing it in a physical form. Thanks though Juan!

I think it's all just my mental health truthfully. I am doing better, but just feel weird lately. I don't know why, and my doctor just blamed it on my anxiety when I saw him on Friday. It is probably a cycle of anxiety begetting more anxiety. Hopefully my pills kick in soon, and I'll be back to normal. I'm doing ok though. Venting helps me work out stress by seeing it in a physical form. Thanks though Juan!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm on an array of meds for multiple issues of health and cannot stand when something that's supposed to help makes me feel worse than before. Having epilepsy is no fun when you can't keep you medications at an effective level to avoid seizures but not toxifying yourself with too much at the same time (the boat I am in). This of course, amplifies already existing anxieties and you know where that leads & leaves you. 

As long a you're taking care of yourself and aware of what's going, mentally and health-wise, and have handle of things, it'll all be OK then. Venting is definitely allowed and letting it all out.

Of course if there's anything any of us can do for you here or out there in real world, hit us up. VCers look out for and take care of their own.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm on an array of meds for multiple issues of health and cannot stand when something that's supposed to help makes me feel worse than before. Having epilepsy is no fun when you can't keep you medications at an effective level to avoid seizures but not toxifying yourself with too much at the same time (the boat I am in). This of course, amplifies already existing anxieties and you know where that leads & leaves you. 

Man, that is a lot worse then what I'm going through. I hope it works out for you. Epilepsy is no joke.

Thanks Juan. VC has been good to me, and I'm glad you're all here.

Man, that is a lot worse then what I'm going through. I hope it works out for you. Epilepsy is no joke.

Thanks. It certainly isn't, and not being able to work because of it sucks much worse. I'm 38, and never had seizures until I was 29, so it's been a weird and often scary ride the past decade. Sure isn't where I thought I would be at 21 you know?

Thanks. It certainly isn't, and not being able to work because of it sucks much worse. I'm 38, and never had seizures until I was 29, so it's been a weird and often scary ride the past decade. Sure isn't where I thought I would be at 21 you know?

Yeah, life is strange. I never had anxiety problems until I passed out for no reason at 21. It's been a battle since. I guess I'm lucky in anxiety is possible to overcome, I just have not been able to.

29 seems pretty late for epilepsy to start, I thought it usually starts early in life.

29 seems pretty late for epilepsy to start, I thought it usually starts early in life.

I know right? I had heart surgery just before the seizures started for slow heart rhythm so I also have a pacemaker for that I picked up at 27. I'm all sorts of fun for my family to deal with lol

I know right? I had heart surgery just before the seizures started for slow heart rhythm so I also have a pacemaker for that I picked up at 27. I'm all sorts of fun for my family to deal with lol

Jeez man, that is crazy. You seem to be pretty positive about it all, which is awesome. It makes my crappy mental health seem like nothing.

Jeez man, that is crazy. You seem to be pretty positive about it all, which is awesome. It makes my crappy mental health seem like nothing.

It's easy to fain a positive attitude from my keyboard and have my breakdowns when my wife is around to put my pieces back together. Being broke and having to depend upon her to carry the entire load (financially) on her own shoulders is a huge burden for me mentally being a child who is from that family where the dad was the sole breadwinner. Luckily she is strong all the times I can't be, and I fill in the gaps in between. But finding this place has helped a lot with the depression I suffer thanks to having a constant engagement of ideas and multiple sources to find input. Amazing how therapeutic talking to total strangers can be when none of your "real friends" seems to help :)

Morrissey, beautiful heart with a controversial personality

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic