In other news, I'm switching from graveyard shift to pm shift once the next semester rolls around.

No more falling asleep at work (hopefully), no more nodding off on the drive home, no more subsisting on caffeine, no more cancelling plans because work, no more vampire hours!

This is wonderful news !!

Only negative is that my hours are being dramatically reduced so I have enough time for classes. This is going to be my final semester before grad school, and my first semester in college that I've ever been single. Hopefully it is a good experience.

I typically get about 15-18 hours of OT and I would like to cut back for school but then I would be living on the street. I hate how ridiculous school costs. I swear I would have graduated a lot sooner if the cost was lower. It takes a lot for me to not drop out completely. i am so angry at all of it

I typically get about 15-18 hours of OT and I would like to cut back for school but then I would be living on the street. I hate how ridiculous school costs. I swear I would have graduated a lot sooner if the cost was lower. It takes a lot for me to not drop out completely. i am so angry at all of it

Student loans help you out?  I'm currently in about $25k of debt, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.  Especially after six-figures of debt that grad school will put me in...   :unsure:

Is it strange that I haven't heard back from my interview yet ? They said we will know by Thursday at the latest and then yesterday they said they would call everyone and now it's the weekend and still no one knows. I'm getting pretty stressed here. I feel like if I got it then I would have been contacted ?

Is it strange that I haven't heard back from my interview yet ? They said we will know by Thursday at the latest and then yesterday they said they would call everyone and now it's the weekend and still no one knows. I'm getting pretty stressed here. I feel like if I got it then I would have been contacted ?

Every interview that I've had, I've always sent a little courtesy note the next day.  One of my previous bosses actually cited that note as the reason I was hired.

I don't think it would hurt to contact them about it.  It would show initiative rather than desperation.  Especially now that they've surpassed the original date.

Every interview that I've had, I've always sent a little courtesy note the next day. One of my previous bosses actually cited that note as the reason I was hired.

I don't think it would hurt to contact them about it. It would show initiative rather than desperation. Especially now that they've surpassed the original date.

I haven't sent a note but I have worked close to 30 hours of OT for a few of the bosses this week and I'm booked into next week so they should know I'm serious about working ?

Personally I think it's rigged but I have asked 2 of the bosses and they just say that they don't know. It's incredibly frustrating.

I haven't sent a note but I have worked close to 30 hours of OT for a few of the bosses this week and I'm booked into next week so they should know I'm serious about working ?

Personally I think it's rigged but I have asked 2 of the bosses and they just say that they don't know. It's incredibly frustrating.

Oooh, is it an internal hire?  I'm not sure how to go about that.  But with all that OT, I'm sure they can see that you'd be a kickass employee.

Oooh, is it an internal hire? I'm not sure how to go about that. But with all that OT, I'm sure they can see that you'd be a kickass employee.

I did find out that they hired brand new employees at a higher wage than me who do the exact same job as me so I'm starting to feel like they could give a shit about me.

// Name: Jeff

// Known As: cambionic

// Aliases: that one guy

// Fav. Band.: Ween; Kaizers Orchestra; whatever the flavor of the hour is

// Known for: falling in love with any pretty girl that pays me attention; being a cynical asshole; succumbing to hype

// Persona: hopeless romantic seeking filthy whore

// Tagline: "We buy balloons. We let them go."

// Sig: Outsider trio that links to my hipster record collection

cheater

Ahhh, I'm at work so I didn't even know people were posting pictures. Work filter blocks most images.

Just imagine a snarky hipster standing next to a record shelf with his guitar covered in quirky stickers. That's me! :lol:

It was a 30 minute s-t-r-u-g-g-l-e to post mine. Mostly because I forgot my flickr password

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic