Just drove a mile down the road to the old apartment to pick up the last of the stuff. Motherfuckers all over. In the middle of the street, on the sidewalk in large groups, everyone yelling, loud music.

I'm outside the new apartment and all I hear is crickets. Well and cars driving by, but still for the city that's the same as silence.

Just drove a mile down the road to the old apartment to pick up the last of the stuff. Motherfuckers all over. In the middle of the street, on the sidewalk in large groups, everyone yelling, loud music.

I'm outside the new apartment and all I hear is crickets. Well and cars driving by, but still for the city that's the same as silence.

This describes my old apartments/new apartments perfectly. I was actually creeped out the first few weeks here because how eerily quiet it is.

It is amazing.

I think the movie alone really creeped me out so I bet the book is even more insane

The book touches on things that would make the film illegal.  Some of the scenes in the book (especially the aforementioned "Girls" chapters) are some of the most grotesquely squicky gorn that I've ever witnessed.  It pushes the violence to an almost fantastical comic level.

I really like how deeply the book can be analyzed though.  I just recently began really reading into it, and it's definitely something that someone could write their English masters thesis on.

The book touches on things that would make the film illegal. Some of the scenes in the book (especially the aforementioned "Girls" chapters) are some of the most grotesquely squicky gorn that I've ever witnessed. It pushes the violence to an almost fantastical comic level.

I really like how deeply the book can be analyzed though. I just recently began really reading into it, and it's definitely something that someone could write their English masters thesis on.

Have you read Flowers In The Attic ? I hear that is another one where the movie didn't couldn't touch on as much as the book was written. I think that's the one I'm thinking of ?

I think my favorite part of the movie, which I quote a lot is

at the end when the daughter has the poison cookie and is trying to make her mom eat it. "Eat the cookie mother. Eat it ". I don't know why that makes me laugh so much.

That would be an excellent line to sample in some kind of music!  

Both that and "You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me.  I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

That would be an excellent line to sample in some kind of music!

Both that and "You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

As a child I watched pee-wee nonstop !!! LOVED THAT SHOW AND THE MOVIES and then I rented a standup thing he did and he "hypnotized " a woman and she took her shirt off and it was devastating to me as a kid. I can't remember all the details to it though but the emotions are still there lol.

As a child I watched pee-wee nonstop !!! LOVED THAT SHOW AND THE MOVIES and then I rented a standup thing he did and he "hypnotized " a woman and she took her shirt off and it was devastating to me as a kid. I can't remember all the details to it though but the emotions are still there lol.

Yeah, Pee-wee was always an adult comic that somehow was aimed for children.  I can't believe a whole generation grew up with that psychedelic freakout and we all somehow turned out (kinda) normal.

That and Weinerville.  Remember that terrifying show?

Yeah, Pee-wee was always an adult comic that somehow was aimed for children. I can't believe a whole generation grew up with that psychedelic freakout and we all somehow turned out (kinda) normal.

That and Weinerville. Remember that terrifying show?

I don't think I've heard of that show ? The household was very religious and I watched The Simpsons in sin. Worth it though.

I'm scared to click

I'll watch as soon as I leave this store. Might not be for a few hours but it's very quiet in here and people will stare lol.

It'll feed your fears of creepy puppets.  I swear, even Puppetmaster isn't as scary as that supposed children's show.

I miss 90s children's programming.  Nothing today comes close to the surreal weirdness that we had back then...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic