Real talk: When you're terminally ill or so old that you no longer have real quality of life you should be able to check out peacefully.

It's insane that it's still illegal to assist in a suicide here.

Yup. My grandfather is miserable. Last week he was checked into the ER because he had stopped eating (he is diabetic) because he has dementia and decided that someone was trying to kill him and his family and that his food was poisoned. He kept telling us about the messages on the walls and his food and shit. He can't walk or do anything on his own at all anymore and has to have 24hr care. If I ever got like that I'd really want someone to off me. He is 89. If I had lived that long and ended up like that I would really just want to die. I would have led a full life, there's no sense in laying in bed all day listening to the crazy thoughts in my head as I slowly die in pain. I lean republican on a decent number of issues but this is bullshit. There's no reason assisted suicide should be illegal

I cut my teeth driving in blizzards and shit. I don't enjoy it and it's stressful but I dint really care. I just hate the part where you need to dig the car out.

When the HT thread derailed because some dude smokes joints while he drives I was tempted to share. Some of the ignorant shit I used to do when I was 19-20. Blizzard? What, like I'm not gonna drive with my knees and hit that bowl? This is New York, motherfucker. We don't let snow slow our roll.

Yup. My grandfather is miserable. Last week he was checked into the ER because he had stopped eating (he is diabetic) because he has dementia and decided that someone was trying to kill him and his family and that his food was poisoned. He kept telling us about the messages on the walls and his food and shit. He can't walk or do anything on his own at all anymore and has to have 24hr care. If I ever got like that I'd really want someone to off me. He is 89. If I had lived that long and ended up like that I would really just want to die. I would have led a full life, there's no sense in laying in bed all day listening to the crazy thoughts in my head as I slowly die in pain. I lean republican on a decent number of issues but this is bullshit. There's no reason assisted suicide should be illegal

That's rough...

I cut my teeth driving in blizzards and shit. I don't enjoy it and it's stressful but I dint really care. I just hate the part where you need to dig the car out.

When the HT thread derailed because some dude smokes joints while he drives I was tempted to share. Some of the ignorant shit I used to do when I was 19-20. Blizzard? What, like I'm not gonna drive with my knees and hit that bowl? This is New York, motherfucker. We don't let snow slow our roll.

I love driving in the snow.

Disclaimer:

No sarcasm was used in the creation of this post. Any inclusion of sarcasm or relations to sarcastic posts was not intended.

If I ever get that bad I really hope someone will just pump me full of morphine.

Disclaimer:

No sarcasm was used in the creation of this post. Any inclusion of sarcasm or relations to sarcastic posts was not intended.

My favorite thing about driving in the snow is it reminds me that I'm a good driver. It's always fun to lose control for a second and then regain it without even thinking about it or breaking a sweat.

Real talk: When you're terminally ill or so old that you no longer have real quality of life you should be able to check out peacefully.

It's insane that it's still illegal to assist in a suicide here.

Being alive is more important than pain or suffering. Just like how people are trying to outlaw abortion again, even if that child is a product or rape, incest, or is going to be born with horrible defects that will cause it pain forever. The right only cars about someone being alive, nothing in between.

I agree, the "die with dignity" thing should be nationwide.

My favorite thing about driving in the snow is it reminds me that I'm a good driver. It's always fun to lose control for a second and then regain it without even thinking about it or breaking a sweat.

Putting on bald tires and doing power slides in a Pinto is a blast. Purposefully ramming into giant snow banks is awesome.

Morphine just seems too unoriginal.

Yeah, but it's a standard for a reason. It's my favorite drug. I love it so much that I would never abuse it. That way if I'm in a situation where I'm being given it it's a treat. Like, you're never given morphine in a good situation, so it's nice to have that silver lining.

I feel for you and him. There is no reason on earth one should not be able to determine their own death if suffering from something terminal or very painful... What lessons are learned by their suffering and the mental anguish it brings on to those who love and care for them? None... just another reminder that life isn't fair no matter who you are

Disclaimer:

I do too, when it's not during rush hour. Leaving work at midnight during a snow storm was the best thing ever. No one one the road, just snow and pure silence. Was so much fun, except when a plow truck was out blocking the whole road.

Being alive is more important than pain or suffering. Just like how people are trying to outlaw abortion again, even if that child is a product or rape, incest, or is going to be born with horrible defects that will cause it pain forever. The right only cars about someone being alive, nothing in between.

I agree, the "die with dignity" thing should be nationwide.

They care about life until you're born. Then you're on your own. You can't afford to take care of a child? WELL YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT! Oh you can't afford food, well better pull yourself up by your bootstraps cause you ain't getting a hand out.

They care about life until you're born. Then you're on your own. You can't afford to take care of a child? WELL YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT! Oh you can't afford food, well better pull yourself up by your bootstraps cause you ain't getting a hand out.

Pretty much what I wanted to say too, but my damn phone rang and I forgot. What a world we live in.

My dad tried to tell me that it was because he did something wrong at some point in his life and was paying now so he could go to heaven when he dies. I quickly responded with a "go fuck yourself" and that wasn't quite the answer he was looking for. But seriously. Fuck you and your religious bullshit.

What the actual fuck? No offense but people who think like your dad are what's wrong with this world.

My dad tried to tell me that it was because he did something wrong at some point in his life and was paying now so he could go to heaven when he dies. I quickly responded with a "go fuck yourself" and that wasn't quite the answer he was looking for. But seriously. Fuck you and your religious bullshit.

Wow, that is pretty messed up. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this.

Even if God is real, and the bible is correct, I'm pretty sure that is why Jesus died for our sins. To make people not have to suffer so much for "doing something wrong". That is a pretty warped view of religion, and I'm sure it is not uncommon.

Wow, that is pretty messed up. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this.

Even if God is real, and the bible is correct, I'm pretty sure that is why Jesus died for our sins. To make people not have to suffer so much for "doing something wrong". That is a pretty warped view of religion, and I'm sure it is not uncommon.

I don't really buy into any of it personally but if it happens to end up being true I am still not worried. I still do my best to be a "good" person, I just think that the religious aspect is wrong. Hell, if this "god of mercy" is real, I like to think that they would look at what kind of person you were and the life you led, not what superstitions you bought into.

That is just wrong to even say that he deserves what he is suffering through, I'm sorry someone could say something so callous to you in a situation like that. 

That is just wrong to even say that he deserves what he is suffering through, I'm sorry someone could say something so callous to you in a situation like that.

My biggest problem is that people like that feel that anyone suffering or dealing with any hardship deserves it. Poor? Your fault. Sick/injured/disabled? You deserve it. Raped? Asking for it. Pregnant but not stable enough to properly take care of it? Should have thought about that before having sex you dirty sinner.

Like I said, this kind of horse shit is the reason we don't really get along well. Honestly, unless I get something out of it I really don't want anything to do with him. There's another big reason I don't care to discuss on a public forum, but it's all of it. Currently tolerating going out with him on weekends to go to record stores or something because I am driving so I can get my license and after that never again.

My biggest problem is that people like that feel that anyone suffering or dealing with any hardship deserves it. Poor? Your fault. Sick/injured/disabled? You deserve it. Raped? Asking for it. Pregnant but not stable enough to properly take care of it? Should have thought about that before having sex you dirty sinner.

They do love their soap boxes.

Disclaimer:

I hate driving in in, but I'm good at it. Learned to drive living in western PA, home of the Lake Effect snow storms, and after 15 years of that moved to New Hampshire. So I know how the fuck to drive in bad winter weather. But I despise it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic