Ebay: Against Me S/T 12"

dan

I would guess there isn't much he could do, unless he contacted all of the bidders and offered them a cheaper copy...but that would take a ton of effort. Or he could contact ebay and mess up the auction somehow, if he found a loophole.

or just stop selling them to people for 10 dollars...

Yeah, but if he did that a ton of people who really want the record and can't drop $300 on it wouldn't have it. I think it's great that Jordan was offering cheap copies of this. I was under the impression that Jordan was hooking people up with this, but a part of that was an unspoken agreement not to be a dick and flip it for a ton of cash.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my concern is this kind of action makes labels less likely to be cool and hook up people in the future. i mean jordan could have just as easily tossed all of these on ebay himself and cleaned up... but he didnt, he let fans get them for what he originally inteded to sell them for.

its not cool in my book.

I'm sorry that I can't convince some of you that I didn't buy this for the purpose of flipping it. I got in a month ago, my friend that told me about the deal pointed out to me that they sell for a lot, and I decided I'd rather use the profits on other records.

Would this have been less wrong to some of you if I had waited longer? Would it be morally acceptable if I waited a year? Or for Against Me's next new music video? Or for them to get even bigger? Would it have been less wrong of me to sell a record that I like MORE instead?

I've never even sold a record before.

Also, anyone on here who asked how I got one, I PMed them, so they have a chance at getting it for cheap as well.

You can all feel free to disagree with me or what I'm doing, but I'd ask that you consider my position before condemning me, and, of all things, threatening to "tell on me."

Flood, I understand your concerns. But I'm not using this money to buy more rare records to sell for even more. In all likelihood, I'd probably be buying some Asbestos stuff. And do you get mad at the guys that buy every color of your releases to just resell when they go out of print?

my concern is this kind of action makes labels less likely to be cool and hook up people in the future. i mean jordan could have just as easily tossed all of these on ebay himself and cleaned up... but he didnt, he let fans get them for what he originally inteded to sell them for.

its not cool in my book.

100% agree....its a bummer

What's he going to do? Send him to room without dessert?

I would guess there isn't much he could do, unless he contacted all of the bidders and offered them a cheaper copy...but that would take a ton of effort. Or he could contact ebay and mess up the auction somehow, if he found a loophole.

he could outbid and then not pay. that's what the dude from ruiner does when he sees copies of the record release "prepare to be let down" on ebay.

he could outbid and then not pay. that's what the dude from ruiner does when he sees copies of the record release "prepare to be let down" on ebay.

ha that it funny..

but then, there is always just 2nd chance offers

ha that it funny..

true, i dunno. i mean the guy isn't being a dick and flipping just to flip. i mean, i love my SYG pic disc, but seeing as how it's going for alot on ebay right now, it's making me kinda wanna sell, and i payed $8 for it. i dunno, to each their own.

ha that it funny..

true, i dunno. i mean the guy isn't being a dick and flipping just to flip. i mean, i love my SYG pic disc, but seeing as how it's going for alot on ebay right now, it's making me kinda wanna sell, and i payed $8 for it. i dunno, to each their own.

I don't care what the guy does, I just think it's weak what he's doing with a copy he was hooked up with. If he bought it in a store, that's one thing.

Also, yes he is flipping to flip. Flipping is a record you got on the cheap recently and putting it on ebay for profit. He got the record a month ago and said he realized he could make money off it so he's selling it? How is that not flipping to flip?

theres a difference in buying a new release that publically available to everyone and then selling it, and getting hooked up with a super rare record from the band really cheap and then selling it.

its like the kid who bought a record release copy from the btmi/op show.. and then had it on ebay in less than 4 hours after the show.. its kinda dick.

Because I didn't buy it with the intention of selling it?

So if I got hooked up, waited four months, then decided to sell it, would that be okay?

This could be in better hands than mine. I bought it thinking, "Hey, Against Me. I like them, this is worth ten bucks." I'm not a super crazy Against Me collector, so now someone that is could get this, and I could get stuff I want more.

I'm not saying I'm some sort of wonderful person, but there's a lot worse than me out there that do this sort of thing as a job.

I'm legitimately asking this question now, I'm not doing it to argue with any of you or challenge anyone, but I'm very interested in your answers because this was something I thought about a lot before listing it:

If I waited a longer time before deciding to sell it, would it be less "dick"?

Probably, if you waited a couple of years it would be less of a dick move. The fact is you got a record on the cheap from a label that was hooking people up and now you're selling it. I find it hard to believe you didn't know the value of it when you ordered it for $10 or how much you could get for it on ebay. What you do with your records is your business, but in the case of this specific release and the way you got it, flipping it after you got it for $10 is a dick move, plain and simple. When I got mine, I asked for two (one to give to a friend of mine...he would've been stoked) and I was shot down because of fear I would flip the second one.

how about not selling it. or selling it for the price you got it at.. and pass along the hook up.

i have plenty of records that i could easily flip for a ton of cash but i got them as gifts/cheap hookups from friends at labels. its a matter of respect for someone doing something cool.

if this was just a standard record that went on sale to the public and was worth what you paid for it, and then it went up.. thats totally different. but its a $200 record that was given to you under the pretense that you were a fan of the band and really wanted this record simply because you love the band. its a matter of ethics man.

how about not selling it. or selling it for the price you got it at.. and pass along the hook up.

i have plenty of records that i could easily flip for a ton of cash but i got them as gifts/cheap hookups from friends at labels. its a matter of respect for someone doing something cool.

if this was just a standard record that went on sale to the public and was worth what you paid for it, and then it went up.. thats totally different. but its a $200 record that was given to you under the pretense that you were a fan of the band and really wanted this record simply because you love the band. its a matter of ethics man.

If anyone here wants to be insanely awesome like that and sell me a s/t for $10, please let me know.

i really want one...maybe he can sell it to me for like $15ppd!...that would be sweet...then with the $5 profit he could go by a value meal for lunch

I actually got mine because they had them up on the site for like $200 a while back to combat the skyrocketing price of the album. When I had more money I wrote in and was like, "are any available" and a deal was offered up. I legitimately would (at the time) have paid that money, so I think there wasn't much fear of me flipping it. Anyhow, that's life.