Ebay: Against Me S/T 12"

dan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

possession 9/10s of the law.

he paid for it, he can do what he wants.

at least he's admitting he feels like a douche bag/is being a douche bag, whatever you want to call it.

that's more than tom gabel can say.

its not about whats legally acceptable. its about whats ethically acceptable.

i mean being a stripper is legal, it doesn't mean you're actually a human being tho.

within the same ethic, i don't find it ethically acceptable to sing about anarchy on a stage at festivals around the country sponsored by the military. makes you no better than the spineless politicians you sing about.

do i think they've paid their dues? of course, but do things they do fit their ethics? no.

additionally, i don't think it's okay to pick a fight with someone, get your ass handed to you, and then lie to publications that your fans read to save face and make yourself seem like you're the victim.

you can buy a copy of a lot of records for 8-10 dollars new, but because it's on a different color and from an earlier pressing, it's okay to buy/sell that for more? but those ethics escape this record because there's a good dude selling it for 10 bucks.

this is a moot argument, dudes gonna do what a dudes gonna do.

you can buy a copy of a lot of records for 8-10 dollars new, but because it's on a different color and from an earlier pressing, it's okay to buy/sell that for more? but those ethics escape this record because there's a good dude selling it for 10 bucks.

What?

And if Jordan hears about this, I doubt he'll be sending any more out, if he even has any more.

Funniest part is that none of this argument would've been brought up had the seller not posted this thread. I mean it's not like people who are interested wouldn't have found it on their own.

What?

And if Jordan hears about this, I doubt he'll be sending any more out, if he even has any more.

Funniest part is that none of this argument would've been brought up had the seller not posted this thread. I mean it's not like people who are interested wouldn't have found it on their own.

what i'm basically saying is.

why is it okay to flip other records but not this one? because there's an unadvertised source that MIGHT have a few left and MIGHT sell you one for $10 if you can find the contact information? What makes this different? That a lot of people on this board are happy in the butt for against me and have shared some time with the guy that put this out?

I just don't get how everyone is so butt-hurt about this, but there's an entire forum of people here selling records for far more than what they paid for them, and a whole lot of people here who purchase records for far more than what they were purchased for.

you can't pay your bills on hopes and dreams, and if you don't want a record anymore, who the fuck is anyone to stop you from getting what someone else is willing to pay for it and you buying more records and supporting other artists/people.

this entire thread is basically a bunch of people spewing hypocritical non-sense about ethics while at the same time contradicting that they believe in those ethics by participating in the buying/selling/re-selling of records. i realize that overall everyone tries to help the other people on the board out and hook 'em up with cheaper prices. but if you're going to whine about this being "wrong" and "un-ethical" then you should only trade and re-sell records for what you paid for them, you shouldn't buy into the ideals of supply and demand and the increase of items in "value". if you're going to stand up for ethics or a cause, do it, don't create double standards.

What?

what i'm basically saying is.

why is it okay to flip other records but not this one? because there's an unadvertised source that MIGHT have a few left and MIGHT sell you one for $10 if you can find the contact information? What makes this different? That a lot of people on this board are happy in the butt for against me and have shared some time with the guy that put this out?

I just don't get how everyone is so butt-hurt about this, but there's an entire forum of people here selling records for far more than what they paid for them, and a whole lot of people here who purchase records for far more than what they were purchased for.

you can't pay your bills on hopes and dreams, and if you don't want a record anymore, who the fuck is anyone to stop you from getting what someone else is willing to pay for it and you buying more records and supporting other artists/people.

this entire thread is basically a bunch of people spewing hypocritical non-sense about ethics while at the same time contradicting that they believe in those ethics by participating in the buying/selling/re-selling of records. i realize that overall everyone tries to help the other people on the board out and hook 'em up with cheaper prices. but if you're going to whine about this being "wrong" and "un-ethical" then you should only trade and re-sell records for what you paid for them, you shouldn't buy into the ideals of supply and demand and the increase of items in "value". if you're going to stand up for ethics or a cause, do it, don't create double standards.

Dude, you're missing the point... this record is different. ::)

I agree with you. If I have a record that is worth a lot of money I'm going to try to get as close to that amount as possible. I might discount it a bit for board members here, but I'm not going to practically give it away.