Attn: My Hardcore Brethren

Currently jamming Funeral Cone. Check them out.

I knew I remembered someone saying something about this band here! I just downloaded a tape or 7" or something of theirs and it is SO GOOD! I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHIT!

New England area people two shows this weekend.

Sat at the Elks

Violent Reaction (UK)

Violent Future (Canada)

Hounds Of Hate (PA)

Waste Management

No Tolerance

Prisoner Abuse

MFP

And

Sun at the Elks

SLAPSHOT

THE RIVAL MOB

THE BOSTON STRANGLER

HAMMER AND THE NAILS

Come Out!

i miss the elks...where in mass are you jhook?

i miss the elks...where in mass are you jhook?

I live in Hanson its about 30 minutes south of Boston. I used to go to the Elks every Monday night during the early 2000's Hardcore boom, then head over to the GZ after the shows.

I knew I remembered someone saying something about this band here! I just downloaded a tape or 7" or something of theirs and it is SO GOOD! I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHIT!

I have known the singer for a long time, old school Boston punk dudes!

• 2 weeks later...

im going to start on page one of this thread. my tastes have changed over the last few months.

is there some kind of initiation that needs to take place? a jump in? kick to the balls?

im so lost at where to start, but i guess if im new to the scene, then i can start anywhere.

No, they do not sound familiar.

ahh man, i caught them once with ignite at the webster years ago. they werent around that long but i got their 6 song ep and loved it. didnt know if you knew anything about them side projects or what not...

here's their myspace link https://myspace.com/batemanct/music/songs

im going to start on page one of this thread. my tastes have changed over the last few months.

is there some kind of initiation that needs to take place? a jump in? kick to the balls?

im so lost at where to start, but i guess if im new to the scene, then i can start anywhere.

Awesome! I thought you were into post-rock super hard? Not a bad thing as I'm a fan of some myself. Are you introducing yourself to hardcore/punk/metal/hard shit for the first time? Let us know what you listen to.

Awesome! I thought you were into post-rock super hard? Not a bad thing as I'm a fan of some myself. Are you introducing yourself to hardcore/punk/metal/hard shit for the first time? Let us know what you listen to.

shit, i bounce around from style to style a lot. post rock is up there, but man, i love me some straight up noisy shit. great to drive too, and it makes me feel better....im an old school metal head....its just wiiiiiiide open now. i tend to stay away from cookie monster rock but am open to everything. ill report with what im liking.

Ok, so here is some stuff I've been listening to lately. All relatively new to me...

Mother Brain (Grind,Metal,Hard)

Youth Avoiders (Super duper awesome punk/hardcore...more punk, catchy)

Culture Abuse (Punk/Post-punk maybe? real catchy and fun, drugs.)

Caust (Screamo I guess, but its rad)

Half Goon (Post-punk i guess, real catchy and hard hitting)

Brain Tumors (Punk/hardcore)

So Stressed (Noisey punk, indie, whatever the fuck)

Wild Moth (Dark wave punk, but more cool because I usually don't like that shit.)

Thats it for now (edit...I'm editing with more), if people listen to this shit, or are already familiar with some of these, thats whats up!

I also know my descriptions/use of genres suck.

Ok, so here is some stuff I've been listening to lately. All relatively new to me...

Mother Brain (Grind,Metal,Hard)

Youth Avoiders (Super duper awesome punk/hardcore...more punk, catchy)

Culture Abuse (Punk/Post-punk maybe? real catchy and fun, drugs.)

Caust (Screamo I guess, but its rad)

Half Goon (Post-punk i guess, real catchy and hard hitting)

Brain Tumors (Punk/hardcore)

So Stressed (Noisey punk, indie, whatever the fuck)

Wild Moth (Dark wave punk, but more cool because I usually don't like that shit.)

Thats it for now (edit...I'm editing with more), if people listen to this shit, or are already familiar with some of these, thats whats up!

I also know my descriptions/use of genres suck.

Digging some of these especially Culture Abuse and Half Goon

http://terminalescape.blogspot.com/

This dude shares a lot of rad shit that is mostly hardcore! He's also in No Statik which is a band I highly recommend everyone check out! Sick hardcore punk with noisy electronic soundscapes thrown in here and there. Normally I don't care for the latter half of that description, but these folks do it right.

https://soundcloud.com/no-statik

http://terminalescape.blogspot.com/

This dude share a lot of rad shit that is mostly hardcore! He's also in No Statik which is a band I highly recommend everyone check out! Sick hardcore punk with noisy electronic soundscapes thrown in here and there. Normally I don't care for the latter half of that description, but these folks do it right.

https://soundcloud.com/no-statik

yeah I can get into some No Statik, they just never really stood out to me that much. But I don't hate it, its just there. I'm digging this more than We All Die In The End though.