Attn: My Hardcore Brethren

im 32, a couple years away from my 20 year card in punk/hardcore, and most bands suck because of their better than thou, or their macho-bullshit attitudes on stage or in life than the music they make.  

I disagree man.  I consider myself pretty active in following "new" bands and in my experiences I'd say most bands are very humble and down to earth, whether on or off stage.

In fact, now that you mention it I'd say the few bands who do have jaded egos are older bands, relatively.

But these are just my observations, I'm sure we'll just have to agree to disagree. Oh and I'm 29, for whatever that's worth.

I disagree man.  I consider myself pretty active in following "new" bands and in my experiences I'd say most bands are very humble and down to earth, whether on or off stage.

In fact, now that you mention it I'd say the few bands who do have jaded egos are older bands, relatively.

But these are just my observations, I'm sure we'll just have to agree to disagree. Oh and I'm 29, for whatever that's worth.

yeah, i mean, thats just like, my opinion, man.

I dont really listen to that much new hardcore/punk, or go to that many shows anymore either, so my experiences are stemming mainly from my showbooking years, and the progression of band member (young and old) attitudes from 2000 - 2011. 

checked this band out on bandcamp, went to go buy the EP and forgot to, then went a few weeks later to buy the daylight album and ended up getting this EP.  Go Deep is pretty good!

also, my buds in erie started a new band last year called Human Animal, bunch of old core dudes from every old band that ruled, for fans of metallic hardcore

http://humananimal.bandcamp.com/

checked this band out on bandcamp, went to go buy the EP and forgot to, then went a few weeks later to buy the daylight album and ended up getting this EP. Go Deep is pretty good!

also, my buds in erie started a new band last year called Human Animal, bunch of old core dudes from every old band that ruled, for fans of metallic hardcore

http://humananimal.bandcamp.com/

That go deep ep is nice.