Tarot Cards Pressed into Clear Vinyl - 1/100 PO

It essentially is a pic disc just with a card instead of a picture. If you wanna split hairs then maybe you could say that, but in reality it's just a small picture rather than an LP sized picture.

Technically, I don't think that's right because as I understand it, the grooves on a picture disc are not pressed into a vinyl substance but rather a clear flexi disc like material that is not as resilient as vinyl which accounts for the general poorness of quality in the sound of pic discs.

Technically, I don't think that's right because as I understand it, the grooves on a picture disc are not pressed into a vinyl substance but rather a clear flexi disc like material that is not as resilient as vinyl which accounts for the general poorness of quality in the sound of pic discs.

You are correct. So assuming Im right about this, is this a first?

I don't think the method and outcome are truly firsts but this press is one of very few like it.

TBH, the best thing about it is that I think it's a pretty decent album.  I also got a copy of the black vinyl as well which is what I spun.  Tested the clear Tarot version to see if you could notice the sound issue in the grooves over the Tarot and did notice it, so I pulled my stylus off of it immediately.  Dont think I need to be dragging my stylus over a cardboard Tarot Card too often, so that will remained unplayed for now.

Was the Karen Elson a pic disc with roses?

What about the Anthony Raneri with coffee grinds?

Or Hellmouth with ashes?

I had one of the hellmouth ones with the ashes. Not sure if its the same process or not, but the ashes were literally coming out of the vinyl so it was unplayable unless you wanted to ruin your needle.But it did look cool as hell (no pun intended)

Glad to hear people are receiving these, although I have not gotten mine yet. I bought both a black and a tarot card version, however I will not be spinning my tarot card variant.

Hope mine is not a version with the label stamped on the tarot card, would like to see it cut off on the edges or somewhere in the middle of the wax. But with my luck that won't happen. 

Excited to know it's finally getting close to having this!

Records that sound like shit because of a gimmick are real cool!

Well you did end up being wrong about it being a pic disc, so Im guessing that post was in part an attempt to help justify your previous incorrect assumptions? Unfortunately it didnt turn out as they had hoped (in some cases, not all) but they were cool enough to add in the black vinyl for free and the album itself sounds great so in that regard I consider it a big win. Never owned anything like it before and happy its part of my collection.

Cant fault them for having the guts to experiment, as long as they provided a solution, which they did. Also, it only affects one side of play due to it being unevenly centered within the vinyl.

Anyone else have some small spots of black smearing in their clear vinyl?  That should suggest that the same pressing process was used for both the clear and black editions since this is typically a result of switching colors, correct?

I've never pressed a record so I'd ask, do they use separate pressing machines for regular vinyl and picture discs?

Wasnt it Third Man who attempted a liquid filled record, that leaked all over everyones TT? Failing at experiments to try something new only leads to refining future techniques, ala Flaming Lips, blood filled record.

Which, ultimately is a good thing.

Mine didn't leak and the blood filled record was the same thing.