Fake Problems group buy import LP *UPDATED 5/23*

chiefwahoo

The Euro Version has a different artwork ...it won't be all shiny red like the us version..it will be all shiny green and 4 unreleased bonustracks are included.

The LP has already 2 limited colours to choose black and clear...the black version will only be sold on the tour!!!!

I'm considering putting in an overseas order for this LP. I did this with the Gaslight import and it went perfectly. (You can ask sgoodcore and randysxe.) I'm looking for four people to go in on this with me so we can drive down shipping costs. Details are not final yet, but I anticipate that the price ppd in the US (Paypal, media mail) will be $22-$25.

Last time, I fronted the costs. This time I'm not. Until I have 4 payments, I'm not placing an order. It'll be first paid, first served. I want to place the order ASAP after finding out the final figure. If this is in your price range and you can and will paypal me once I get a final number, PM me. Otherwise, I'm not real interested in waiting around for payment, sorry. Hopefully there's enough interest!

Last time, the records took about 10 days to get here and were in great condition. That type of stuff is out of my control, I'm in the same boat as everyone else and I'm not profiting. The only reason it's worth my time is to make it cheaper for me and to help some others out.

3/7 UPDATE

First of all, the label is on tour with the band. So anybody that is interested has until the end of the month to pay. I won't be asking for payment until the last week of March, which is when I'll know the exact amounts.

People currently interested:

marccrotteau

dougyfresh

wadeboggs

hickey

flood

impact

Andy

Piss on pity

ReginaldBuxley

hyperinactive

thetruebeliever

nicktheitman

vodkablast

lhdez

zachobbs

If your name is in bold, we have either dealt with each other before, I know you from another board, or you already made it clear to me via PM that you are 100% in. I won't be bothering you particular folks again until I have a dollar amount.

If your name isn't bolded, I'll be following up with you later in the month to make sure you're definitely in.

All costs are being computed as though everyone is in the USA. Anybody outside the USA, or desiring anything beyond media mail, will have those costs tacked on at the end. We'll worry about it at time of payment, it's not a big deal.

And to further complicate the matter...the label sounded open to hooking us up with black copies, which are tour only. But they are on tour, I'm not assuming they will have any left. Therefore, this entire group buy is being done with CLEAR vinyl in mind. If you want a copy of each if they're available, PM me. If you want only one copy, but prefer black if available, PM me. If you are only interested in the black version, please don't get involved.

Please use the PM function to communicate with me. I'm not going to put much faith in things posted in the thread, outside of getting our initial list of interested parties together.

Most important thing: Be ready to paypal me the last week of March. No excuses. I will PM everybody with a price once I know it. I'll let you know how long you have to get payment to me. If you're not online for days at a time, find someone to get your back or don't get involved. I'm not fronting any costs this time and I don't have any desire to have more than one copy of this LP on my hands at the end.

Thanks everyone!!

UPDATE - 3/28

Just got the quote with shipping. I won't be in the office today, so I'll send everyone a PM tomorrow with the costs. I have to do the exact math, but the good news is that we're at the low end of my estimate since so many people were interested! And delivery confirmation will be included in the US. Too many horror stories on this board lately.

If anyone did not get on this initially, feel free to PM me and you'll be the first one offered an LP if anyone flakes.

I'll be giving approx. one week for people to pay. Again, no excuses. You're in or you're out. I'll also calc just how much we saved by doing the group buy, it appears to be substantial. That's the whole point of this thing.

If anyone has any questions, re-read the entire first post and you'll probably find the answer.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball
The import version of Fake Problems' "Bodies" LP differs from the US version as noted at the top of the first post. We did a group order for it.

Okay, that's what I figured. The original posted didn't specifically say "Bodies" so I wasn't sure if they had a different LP I wasn't aware of.

Guest baseball
I'm going the direct route and threatening the band with bodily harm if they don't get me a copy while over there.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing that too. I would like to get those bonus tracks.

Guest baseball

Shit, actually Dante, I may need to grab the phone numbers of a couple of them off of you next time you're on AIM.

Being highly inebriated when they stayed at my place a few weeks ago I forgot to save the names to the numbers. Still got my call log though!