Underoath Farewell Tour (w/As Cities Burn, mewithoutYou, letlive)

Not to take away from the tour at all, that was one of the best shows ive been to, but it would've been awesome if Maylene and the Sons of Disaster toured with them too :] 

Dallas was at the show I saw him walking around when I was on the balcony with the rest of the bands. I heard that he was trying to play one last song with Underoath, but some of them (probably Spencer) didn't want it to happen.

Dallas was at the show I saw him walking around when I was on the balcony with the rest of the bands. I heard that he was trying to play one last song with Underoath, but some of them (probably Spencer) didn't want it to happen.

Thats pretty unfortunate, especially for those who have been following the band since the beginning. What happened with Dallas, that made the band not like him?

i'm sure it's not that anyone didn't want it to happen. first off, they didn't play any songs that dallas sings on the tour and they have their whole set rehearsed and synced with lighting and everything. if dallas just showed up to play a song do you really think they'd just "jam it out" when they've rehearsed such a tight performance? 

this is how rumors get started.

i'm sure it's not that anyone didn't want it to happen. first off, they didn't play any songs that dallas sings on the tour and they have their whole set rehearsed and synced with lighting and everything. if dallas just showed up to play a song do you really think they'd just "jam it out" when they've rehearsed such a tight performance? 

this is how rumors get started.

He was asking to play with them before they even started the tour, not an impromptu thing for the final show.

But this is what I heard from a few people who are close to the band.

I cant help but feel fucking pissed that that happened. I bought my ticket for NY thinking he was going to be there, because you know hes a huge part of that band, and he didnt do the tour. But he does the last show in FL? It just pisses me off as a huge UO fan. 

Yeah so? He couldve did the tour. Instead he turned it down. They offered it to him and it shut it down. I wouldnt be as pissed if he didnt do a tour with the Almost instead of the UO tour if he didnt play the Tampa show. Like I understand why he did, but I still think its bullshit he didnt do the whole tour when he knew how bad people wanted to see that.

Because its a farewell tour. Thats why. Aaron was Underoath in a lot of peoples minds. Hence why once he left, a ton of fans left. I personally never saw them without Aaron until the farewell tour. Thats not saying I thought he was Underoath, but I just didnt seem to care once he left. 

0i8HZjP.png

woah dude, don't cut yourself with those edges

Guest tms2787

Man, I remember seeing Underoath for the second time at The Agora Ballroom, small 300 person max venue and going with all my friends after school (this was 11th grade) and we got there, I was the only one without a ticket and ended up getting the LAST ticket sold and the building two buildings over was on fire, it was the first time I had ever seen/heard The Chariot, Fear Before The March Of Flames and These Arms Are Snakes. Nothing like that show, I since "grew out" of Underoath (who I was never as big of a fan of as most people and my friends), The Chariot (they just got so boring and predictable, IMO) but still listen to FBTMOF's "The Always Open Mouth" (which wasn't even out yet at the time) and never really kept up with These Arms Are Snakes. Crazy to think about now, three out of the four of the bands are broken up (I'm surprised The Chariot is still kicking) it was eight years ago and I can still remember being on the side of the little balcony/riser and watching the floor a constant motion, all of the bands were at the top of the game. I'll always remember that as one of the best metal/hardcore/metalcore/whatthefuckevercoresubgenre shows I had been to. It doesn't really effect me that Underoath isn't a band anymore because I hadn't gone to see them live in years and I don't recall even listening their last studio album but that was a BIG band for my group of friends Junior/Senior/post High School.

I'm glad someone posted the video of Reinventing Your Exit, I was all prepared to if not.  I could probably try to deny it up and down all day, but Underoath really was a pretty important part in my life.  Maybe it wasn't so much the band, as much as it was that period in my life and they just happened to be the soundtrack.  I got into The Changing Of Times when it came out (I was 18 or 19) and really loved that record, but They're Only Chasing Safety blew me away and it definitely was the background music to a lot of important moments between my ex-wife and I.  I really would have loved to have made it out to one of these shows.  

I'm glad someone posted the video of Reinventing Your Exit, I was all prepared to if not.  I could probably try to deny it up and down all day, but Underoath really was a pretty important part in my life.  Maybe it wasn't so much the band, as much as it was that period in my life and they just happened to be the soundtrack.  I got into The Changing Of Times when it came out (I was 18 or 19) and really loved that record, but They're Only Chasing Safety blew me away and it definitely was the background music to a lot of important moments between my ex-wife and I.  I really would have loved to have made it out to one of these shows.  

It was the same for me man. I really didn't start listening to them until TOCS came out. At that point I was just getting into hardcore/metal bands like As I lay Dying (Frail words collapse days). But when Define the great line came out. I was blown away and this is still one of my top albums ever. Underoath is such a unique band and IMO defined "Post hardcore" (even though I don't consider them post hardcore). But they completely set themselves apart from bands like The Devil Wears Prada and A day to remember(bands that were gaining popularity at that time) who just rushed to a breakdown and chant as apposed to focusing on making unique music. Nothing against those bands, I was a fan back in the day, but Underoath is still timeless and it is difficult to find a band like them or a band that isn't influenced by TOCS, Define, or Lost in the sounds.

Damn I am gonna miss these guys.

• 2 weeks later...