$2 Raffle! - As Cities Burn - Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest - green

kforkevin777

Alright guys. I really couldn't decide what to do with this. There were so many options, and I felt bad no matter which one i considered. So instead of trading for something, or selling it to a person for more than cost because they offered it, or selling it to a person for cost and no one else getting it, I figured I'd do a raffle. That way everyone who wants it gets the chance at getting it for less than cost.

So, yes, this is a raffle for a green copy of As Cities Burn's Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest on green. It's still sealed, came in good condition from MD, surprisingly. I'll post pictures of it at the end of the thread.

$2 per entry

Five entries per person, max

•Shipping included for US

•Canadians expected to send another $4 upon winning

•Everywhere else expect to pay about $7 upon winning (will weigh it and give you the exact amount minus $3)

I will do the drawing about 8pm CENTRAL time, on Thursday or Friday. Will update this when I have exact dates and times. I'm not gonna be too picky about when the cutoff for entering is, but if I set one, I'll update this. The only reason I don't have concrete details on this part of it is because I've been sick and also may get slapped with last-minute homework. The method of drawing is yet to be determined, as well, but that's mostly because I hate being on camera. Maybe I'll let Ry Bread do it! :P

To enter, PM me, and I'll give you my PayPal, or you can email me at [email protected]. The only reason I don't post my PayPal address here is because I wanna be able to keep better track of things and not have to worry about people not putting their display names in the message.

If for some reason the raffle doesn't happen, everyone will get a full refund. The only way I'll call it off is honestly if someone offers me a Touché Amore euro PTSBBAM press (as stated in the ACB thread, I'll throw in a bit of cash), or if this doesn't generate enough interest for me to cover the cost, which I don't see being a problem.

The winner will obviously receive the record, and I'll probably throw in some other goodies. Posters, 7", random LPs, stickers, who knows what'll happen!

If this generates enough interest and enough people do it, I'll do a second drawing for the people who didn't win. Not sure what for get. I may come up with a list of stuff like youmightbewrong did, or I'll see what that person's into and try and find something they'll like!

This is long as fuck, but if for some reason you don't trust me, check my feedback, here's my Discogs feedback, and here's my eBay seller feedback.

Here are the pictures:

B9278E46-AD1D-45E2-9A49-756C849F66B7-185

21C61B5E-3775-4661-A24A-F95ED12F77E0-185

ENTRIES:

•Jonnystorm - 3

•MatBishop - 5

•Royce - 2

•Justin_Cole - 5

•Ronngiegwilliams - 3

•Sowingseason - 1

•Vialister - 5

•Toki - 1

•somethingvinyl - 3

1/3? How many copies did you PO?

Also, I'm assuming you're not gonna trade your split w me? haha

I only ordered two. O.o OH. The sticker. I ordered an Emery 7" with it. Haha. I got the green, the split, and the Emery - Cuthroat Collapse(I think?) picture disc. And nah. I really like the split.

I only ordered two. O.o OH. The sticker. I ordered an Emery 7" with it. Haha. I got the green, the split, and the Emery - Cuthroat Collapse(I think?) picture disc. And nah. I really like the split.

Sorry I just re read what I wrote and it kind of looked like I was questioning/accusing you of lying. Didn't mean it that way.

Bummer bout the trade :/ good luck with your raffle.

Sorry I just re read what I wrote and it kind of looked like I was questioning/accusing you of lying. Didn't mean it that way.

Bummer bout the trade :/ good luck with your raffle.

Haha. Not a problem at all. And sorry. D: I just really like the split, and was hoping to trade the green and some extra cash or record(s) for the touché record.

You're raffle seems so much more thorough and organized than my raffles were. I hope it goes well for you.

Probably not. I usually just ramble a lot and over-think things. :P

I was searching some threads over there for some Brand New records and saw a post that RyBread did for a raffle to possibly get a cheap copy of TDAG and they flipped out on him. This just reminded me of that. I guess they didn't agree on the idea of doing a raffle just for your own sake instead of doing it for charity or something along those lines. But I disagree

I was searching some threads over there for some Brand New records and saw a post that RyBread did for a raffle to possibly get a cheap copy of TDAG and they flipped out on him. This just reminded me of that. I guess they didn't agree on the idea of doing a raffle just for your own sake instead of doing it for charity or something along those lines. But I disagree

Well, I can see where they're coming from. Doing it for charity is a super good thing. But I'm also not doing this just for myself. I know there are a lot of people wanting to get this. I've also never done a raffle, so I thought it'd be fun to try. If I was really wanting to make bank, I'd not put a cap, and/or charge more.

Also, did you still wanna get in on this? Never got another message/a PayPal thing.

Yeah, I recall a thread where someone was shot down when they remarked something akin to "wow, this raffle is gaining a lot of interest.  I should do one for myself."  And I can see where everyone's coming from -- the appeal of the raffle comes from the fact that even if you lose - which is more than probable - you can at least take pride in knowing that your two bucks went towards a good cause.  That's how I've always felt about them, at least.

I hope everyone knows that I'm not doing this just to be rolling in the money. The way it's looking now, if a few more people enter, I'll definitely be doing the second draw, which is hopefully gonna be fun for me, cuz I like figuring out stuff people like. It'd be cool if it was someone who liked Murder by Death, cuz I've got the perfect thing. Anyways, we've got 8 entries (2 people) so far. Five more coming from Justin tomorrow.

The thread on DF was ridiculous. Also, I'm pretty sure the idea and logistical details were confusing and unclear.

Also, raffles have been popping up more frequently recently. Just fucking sell it or put it on eBay. Maybe some are doing it for good, but really, everybody is going to realize that they can get more money for something rare by having a bunch of people enter a low dollar amount at the chance of winning only to have 50 people enter at $2 a pop. Great way to flip a record.

Also, my criticism isn't directed at Kevin. Seems like he's genuinely conflicted. I would have just sold the thing on ebay and never have mentioned it.

I think it's safe to say you're going to make more money raffling your extra copy than you would if you just sold it to one of the several interested people on the board.  With as much as people bitch about flipping records it's weird that this hasn't been mentioned.

Edit: Not that I have a problem with this raffle at all.  I just feel like if it were a newer member doing the same exact thing people would be raising hell.

Well, like I said, there were so many people PMing me wanting it, and I would've felt bad no matter who I picked. This way, I can let date decide. Haha. And, the way new members have been acting on here recently, people are gonna get mad no matter what they do. And I've been a fairly generous and fair member, and have helped out many people. Most of the active members know I'm not out to screw people over. As far as me making more money, that might be true, but I'd be okay with getting just enough to cover cost, and as I stated, there are plenty of ways I could have set it up so I could make more money, and I'm also attempting to make it worth it for everyone by doing the second draw. This isn't something I plan on doing often. I would have preferred to do it the old fashioned way, but there were just too many people.

Not trying to start arguments or debates! I just don't want people to be like "fuck this guy, he's doing a raffle!" Haha.