PO: Circle Takes The Square - Decompositions Volume 1

I don't think this record sounds bad... Sure, drums may sound a little triggered, but I've heard much much worse. I personally quite enjoyed the music and the recording did not bother me at all... I think people are just becoming a little too sensitive. 

There were no triggers or samples used for the drums on any record we've done.  - David

just a suggestion but you could provide the option for media mail in the states to save a few $ on shipping

I know this is a the main gripe people have had.  Kathy, our bass player set up all the pre-order packages and I think she said there was only one shipping option through bigcartel.  It's hard to make everyone happy but I guess in the future the cheapest option for shipping is probably best.  - David

I know this is a the main gripe people have had.  Kathy, our bass player set up all the pre-order packages and I think she said there was only one shipping option through bigcartel.  It's hard to make everyone happy but I guess in the future the cheapest option for shipping is probably best.  - David

cheap shipping always gets us record nerds hard.

With his wealth of recording and musical knowledge, I'm interested too.

If you think that the drums sound decent whatsoever you are fooling yourself. Dead snare and toms along with a clicky bass drum, yes please!

As for the triggers, I haven't kept up on this bands lineup, but when I saw them more than five years ago, their drummer at the time definitely used triggers in a live setting at a show in a firehall. What a joke.

I have no idea why after putting out out only one record (excluding the newest obviously) why this band has such a fanatic following. 

Jesus christ, so many of you guys are crybabies. Don't like how much the vinyl costs? Don't pay for it. Don't like how the record sounds? Don't listen to it. Just a bunch of self-entitled whiners. Fucking embarrassing.

Agreed.  It's sickening how essentially every post on this board turns into some know it all shit talking extravaganza.  I thought we were all here for a common reason which is our love for vinyl.  Apparently others are here because they have nothing better to do than jack themselves off with their small opinions. 

how about instead of forcing your narrowminded view of what a vinyl forum 'should be' you let people talk freely about what they want to as long as it pertains to the topic at hand? what you call 'self entitled whining' I call discourse, and it's much more interesting to read than 'bought!' or 'so excited :)' ad nauseum

^Seriously.  

Kudos to David for coming in here to defend his band / reputation when he didn't have to, that alone will get me to shut up about whatever it was I was saying earlier.  Also, it's pretty lame to try to attack the guy because you think the album "sounds bad" or don't like the music.  Criticizing the price point of the LP is one thing, but trying to call him out because you don't like the music is a completely dick move, as well as an invalid point, as it's just your opinion.  It's just best kept to yourself when it realistically adds nothing to the discussion other than to make you look like a childish asshole.  I mean, what do you expect a guy's response to be to something like, "hey man, your album sounds shitty, can you tell me what's up with that?" 

Also I really just wanted to come in here to rehash the age-old argument that just because a drummer uses triggers does not automatically make them a better / worse drummer.  Anyone who tries to argue this doesn't fully understand how triggers are supposed to be used either in a recorded or live setting.  The fact that triggers may have been used live one time doesn't make it a "joke."   To me it's the equivalent of saying any vocalist that uses autotune or pitch correction can't hit any notes or is a bad singer.  It's just not true.  

^Seriously.  

Kudos to David for coming in here to defend his band / reputation when he didn't have to, that alone will get me to shut up about whatever it was I was saying earlier.  Also, it's pretty lame to try to attack the guy because you think the album "sounds bad" or don't like the music.  Criticizing the price point of the LP is one thing, but trying to call him out because you don't like the music is a completely dick move, as well as an invalid point, as it's just your opinion.  It's just best kept to yourself when it realistically adds nothing to the discussion other than to make you look like a childish asshole.  I mean, what do you expect a guy's response to be to something like, "hey man, your album sounds shitty, can you tell me what's up with that?" 

Also I really just wanted to come in here to rehash the age-old argument that just because a drummer uses triggers does not automatically make them a better / worse drummer.  Anyone who tries to argue this either doesn't fully understand how triggers are supposed to be used in a recorded or live setting.  The fact that triggers may have been used live one time doesn't make it a "joke."   To me it's the equivalent of saying any vocalist that uses autotune or pitch correction can't hit any notes or is a bad singer.  It's just not true.  

I couldn't agree more, If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to listen, let alone purchase anything. Some people are just serial antagonists.  

If you think that the drums sound decent whatsoever you are fooling yourself. Dead snare and toms along with a clicky bass drum, yes please!

As for the triggers, I haven't kept up on this bands lineup, but when I saw them more than five years ago, their drummer at the time definitely used triggers in a live setting at a show in a firehall. What a joke.

I have no idea why after putting out out only one record (excluding the newest obviously) why this band has such a fanatic following. 

If you've ever seen CTTS live, the drummer has midi pads/triggers used to start/stop samples, not to substitute the drum kit.  

I'm not trying to be an ass, but you don't know what you are talking about.  - David 

Well that may be true (given this was a long time ago and my memory is admittedly foggy), but that is still corny as get out. 

The funniest thing about this whole record and thread is that many of the people posting in this saying they want this record were pissed (rightfully) at the whole debacle that the kickstarter campaign was. Funny how a few promises quiet them.