PO: The Dear Hunter: Migrant

Yeah it's like a lemon like color really, very neon. And still looks like it has a bit of that marbled cream look. I like it!

Problem is, mine is kind of a noisy pressing (at the beginning at least - non-fill?) and also, what's up with the songs being out of order?

Yeah the songs on the back don't match the listing on the record.....interesting. Hoping it sounds good

The music sounds really good and the pressing gets quiet after the first 30 seconds or so on each side. It's a good cut.

I have deduced that Girl is the song I heard in the studio, just based on the tempo and beat of the track, but it took on a wildly different form on the finished version. It retained that wild guitar solo. When I heard it, the solo was the only thing on the track besides drums, piano, and some horns, amongst some small things that may or may not have made the final mix, percussion, different effects, etc. No vocals yet. The piano part changed, and the horn part is nowhere to be heard, unless it's way low in the mix. They took on a very up-front role in the song when it was played back to me though, much more instrumental and melodic. Almost like a lead instrument. Interesting to see how it progressed. I think the original version was much more in the vein of Casey's other work.

The music sounds really good and the pressing gets quiet after the first 30 seconds or so on each side. It's a good cut.

I have deduced that Girl is the song I heard in the studio, just based on the tempo and beat of the track, but it took on a wildly different form on the finished version. It retained that wild guitar solo. When I heard it, the solo was the only thing on the track besides drums, piano, and some horns, amongst some small things that may or may not have made the final mix, percussion, different effects, etc. No vocals yet. The piano part changed, and the horn part is nowhere to be heard, unless it's way low in the mix. They took on a very up-front role in the song when it was played back to me though, much more instrumental and melodic. Almost like a lead instrument. Interesting to see how it progressed. I think the original version was much more in the vein of Casey's other work.

Where did you hear it?

So I cancelled my order three months ago to get it through amazon instead...guess what showed up today from MerchNow?!

FREE RECORD WOO!!!

Also mine has a tiny black spot on it rare variant 1/1

Really now? I ordered just the vinyl back in January, then cancelled in marchto order the bundle. The order status on just the vinyl is still listed as processing for shipment. Really hoping I have a surprise waiting for me at home today...

Really now? I ordered just the vinyl back in January, then cancelled in marchto order the bundle. The order status on just the vinyl is still listed as processing for shipment. Really hoping I have a surprise waiting for me at home today...

Good luck! hahaha. But yeah, I checked my email too, refunded the 21.47 it cost! : )))

Maybe the single LPs are yellow, with the boxsets as cream?

That would be awesome! But from e-mail update it sounds like they're not sure what color(s?) the sealed LPs may be. Also someone posted earlier in the thread that they emailed Equal Vision and all the records they opened so far were transparent yellow.

EVR email:

(sorry if this was posted already)

Just a note to say The Dear Hunter Migrant 12" LPs are IN HOUSE. They finally arrived yesterday and have begun shipping. Please note that the plant made a mistake on the color and you may be the lucky recipient of a variant color (transparent yellow)!

IF YOU ORDERED THE LP BUT NOT THE BOXSET: Your vinyl is on its way!

IF YOU ORDERED THE LP AND THE BOXSET: 7" boxsets are expected to be here Thursday (25th) or Friday (26th) so your order will be shipped out then.

If there is a cream variant I think it will go out randomly. My hope its existence is fading though.

My guess is that they intended to do cream, and accidentally mixed in clear pellets instead of white, or too much clear/not enough white. The "formula" for the cream color, if you will, was wrong.

With that said, when the pellets go into the extruder, the proportions of the different pellets can change somewhat for each biscuit, leading to the variations you see from record to record in a colored pressing. Assuming that they did in fact put the correct pellets in there, and only the proportions are off, it is not entirely unreasonable to believe that there may have been one or two pressed that came out more "cream" than "creamed in Mountain Dew".