Hot Topics that carry vinyl ATTN: Travis

kylet

Haverhill and Billerica are the best.

jhook's list is, excepting Worcester, basically ones I don't see being weird at all. What's different about now locals and non-locals pronounce Kingston? or Braintree?

I spent about 11 years living on the Cape and I don't see what the issue with Yarmouth is either, and you'd think I'd have heard tourists pronouncing that one funny if they did it.

I don't know how you get Braintree wrong, I lived there for 24 years and I never heard anyone pronounce it wrong.

Quincy and Gloucester people screw up all the time.

Also, I don't think I've ever heard anyone pronounce Peabody right on the first try.

People always want to say the H in Amherst, which is also a no no.

I don't know how you get Braintree wrong, I lived there for 24 years and I never heard anyone pronounce it wrong.

Quincy and Gloucester people screw up all the time.

Also, I don't think I've ever heard anyone pronounce Peabody right on the first try.

People always want to say the H in Amherst, which is also a no no.

how could anyone get quincy wrong?

it's also astonishing how many people from the east side of the state say amHerst. even people from out of the area who spend 4 years of their lives at one of the 5 colleges still do it. 

how could anyone get quincy wrong?

locals soften the C and pronounce it like "Quinzee", which is one of the weirder non-Haverhill/Billerica pronunciations around here imo.

I've never really heard "Yar-moth" before. Sometimes I've heard "Yar-mouth" (just like it's spelled) but not really very often.

I've definitely never heard "Kings town" or an over-emphasized "Brain tree" before.

I live in Brighton, and work in Salem. My stomping grounds cover from the city to the north shore.

Yeah Holyoake is pretty far.

And yes I've been to newbury comics a few times. I just have some Hot Topic cash and the weekend off. Wondering how far of a drive it would be to get to a Hot Topic that has vinyl. Holyoake is like 1.5 hours away give or take. But someone sad their selection sorda blows?

Hopefully travis reads this. I would like to know which Hot Topics around sell vinyl. It's weird that not many of them around here do? Almost all of them did back in Buffalo.

I live in Brighton, and work in Salem. My stomping grounds cover from the city to the north shore.

Yeah Holyoake is pretty far.

And yes I've been to newbury comics a few times. I just have some Hot Topic cash and the weekend off. Wondering how far of a drive it would be to get to a Hot Topic that has vinyl. Holyoake is like 1.5 hours away give or take. But someone sad their selection sorda blows?

Hopefully travis reads this. I would like to know which Hot Topics around sell vinyl. It's weird that not many of them around here do? Almost all of them did back in Buffalo.

i'm working at the holyoke mall tomorrow, and heading to allston after.

i could message you with the selection if you want. i have a hot cash coupon with no use for it.

Can I hijack too since this seems to be the only open "Hot Topic" thread?

I was thinking, a positive coming from them not allowing the Hot Cash on records is that they'll definitely have to move some to clearance at some point, which I don't think they've done in ages.

Good point!

Still hoping for a list of Hot Topics with vinyl

It would be helpful to know what records are or aren't on clearance. My HT has tons of records but hasn't moved any to clearance in at least 6 months. I keep seeing the same 3 records (This Time Next Year, NFG Radiosurgery, and The Swellers) at the very end of the section with marked down stickers.

It's nice to know what records on the website that are clearance but having a complete list of what's clearance that's in the store would be even better. They have quite a few things that I would check out if they weren't $19.99. I could ask them to check but what do I say? "Hey can you scan your entire vinyl section and tell me what isn't marked correctly?"

EDIT: I should add that I think Travis used to this and it was insanely helpful. I think there was a thread devoted to HT Clearance updates.

I feel like our state has the most mispronounced town/ city names. People that live here can't even agree on how to pronounce stuff haha. Especially Amherst.

Boston and Cambridge have a lot of great record stores! There's one or two in Allston/ Brighton that are nice too. There's a lot of cool stuff in the area.

Anyways, if anyone's interested in starting a list or whatever, 

NJ Hot Topics (that I've been to) that carry vinyl

• Garden State Plaza, Paramus NJ (my local one, decent stock, but Ive yet to be really impressed)
  • Freehold Raceway Mall, Freehold NJ (Had a damn good selection every time I visted. most recently 2 weeks ago)
  • Willowbrook Mall, Wayne NJ (a bit out of the way for me, but it's the closest HT that's packed with great vinyl. I feel like no one ever shops here)
  • Rockaway Township Mall, Rockaway NJ (this one usually gets the bulk of HT exclusives in NJ. Good selection)
  • And thats it, but I know that Cherry Hill and Toms River also carry, so yeah.

I'm closest to the Garden State Plaza one as well, but their selection is pretty limited. I can usually go in with 80 bucks and clear out everything I'm remotely interested. Which is basically what I do once every few months. I should trek up to Willowbrook and check out their selection some time soon. It's close enough to SoundExchange that it's easy enough to make a day of it.