PO: My Bloody Valentine - New Album 180 gram

Here's a quick picture of the same song, one is from the commercial CD, one is from the vinyl. The mastering on vinyl is generally pre compression, because dynamic compression this extreme doesn't translate well onto vinyl.

When the waveform constantly hits 0db, as the first one does, yeah, it sounds loud, but the price you pay is in dynamics. Overly loud music is fatiguing, and much harder to get into, and never sounds wonderful on a good system. The upside is that it's easier to hear in a loud enviornment, like the car or at work.

Screenshot2013-02-03at95919PM_zps0bb86fe

Screenshot2013-02-03at95931PM_zpsb707e35

This isn't an example from the MBV album, just an album that I happened to have both a vinyl copy of and the commercial CD.

I believe it was 24 + 6 shipping. I wouldn't remember as well as some others, being that I didn't get my order to go through, but it was somewhere near that. (They reduced the price from the 30 that was initially on the site)

I think it was around $31 with everything. I bought it and Ill be honest when I say that release can suck my dick when compared to a new MBV LP. Ive literally been pining over a new MBV album for well over a decade. So yeah, the $40 was well worth my money. After listening to it and seeing how great it is, this release was worth double that price.

I don't understand how someone could like loveless and not like the new record. If you don't like it because "it's not different" what would be the alternative? Kevin makes new music but calls it mbv? I can guarantee that'd be worse backlash.

I see a lot of Loveless in the new album but I also see some fresh ground that I love a lot too. Im shocked an album came out of this quality, over 20 years later. Cannot believe it.

I see a lot of Loveless in the new album but I also see some fresh ground that I love a lot too. Im shocked an album came out of this quality, over 20 years later. Cannot believe it.

My thoughts exactly. It's picking up right where Loveless left off and expanding on those sounds.

My thoughts exactly. It's picking up right where Loveless left off and expanding on those sounds.

If you told me 2 months ago my thoughts on a new MBV album, Id still be excited but with lowered expectations, considering the time lapse. I just cannot believe what Im hearing here. Its like they flawlessly bridged a 20 year gap without any hesitation. Wow

Lol that's cool. I'm just glad this album is finally out and hopefully this will start the ball rolling on more mbv releases

I love songs that an artist will subtlety morph into something so similar, yet entirely different. Guess its just me, but I appreciate the acute attention to detail.

Seriously? Without using google or itunes, name me 5 MBV songs.

if I couldn't name five nirvana songs, would I win the argument? I can name a lot of spice girls songs... Are they better?

Also, go ahead and research what artists were influenced by MBV. they are much more important than you know.