PO: Center of the Sun "Machine Gun" 12" LP (Self Aware//Mayfly)-- PREORDER

• 7 months later...

I don't know the Slowdive song, but he Mazzy Star cover sounds pretty much exactly like the original. Why do bands waste their time doing covers without radically changing them? Whenever I hear a band covering something with the same sound as the original it just seems like karaoke night.

Best cover I've heard recently was Mark Lanegan doing "Flatlands" by Chelsea Wolfe. The music and arrangement is similar, but that crackly voice brings a whole different dimension to the song.

I hope COTS comes to their senses and starts recording again. I think they were doing it better than most in this genre.

I don't know the Slowdive song, but he Mazzy Star cover sounds pretty much exactly like the original. Why do bands waste their time doing covers without radically changing them? Whenever I hear a band covering something with the same sound as the original it just seems like karaoke night.

Best cover I've heard recently was Mark Lanegan doing "Flatlands" by Chelsea Wolfe. The music and arrangement is similar, but that crackly voice brings a whole different dimension to the song.

I hope COTS comes to their senses and starts recording again. I think they were doing it better than most in this genre.

On YT someone dubbed both versions of "Flatlands" like CW and ML are singing together - a 'conflation' I guess. It's good. Don't have the link here at work because the Barracuda filter blocks YT.

I can't wait to hear how Ally sounds doing their version of Machine Gun, their namesake - so mellow and that femme voice on the original :wub: