im in mexico

Yeah out of all the towns/shops I've been to in Mexico, I've never seen records anywhere.  When I was dating this chick who went to UCSD we would hop the border to Tijuana and Rosarito Beach pretty often.

I remember I sold a Fall of Troy record on Discogs to a guy in Mexico and asked him about collecting and what it's like finding shit down there and he responded with something along the lines of "there's nothing down here"  

Good luck though, have fun!

I've been looking for mexican records in SoCal area since I moved out here about 6 months ago, specifically Cafe Tacuba lps, because I am having no luck finding anything online (besides Ebay).  In all my years of traveling to Northeast Mexico, mainly Coahuila and Monterrey, I've never seen any music stores that carry vinyl, but I've never made a concerted effort either.    

I've been looking for mexican records in SoCal area since I moved out here about 6 months ago, specifically Cafe Tacuba lps, because I am having no luck finding anything online (besides Ebay).  In all my years of traveling to Northeast Mexico, mainly Coahuila and Monterrey, I've never seen any music stores that carry vinyl, but I've never made a concerted effort either.    

you will not find cafe tacuba records since they were never released in Mexico. I asked a rep here I know and he recalls they were only produced for South American countries and in limited numbers. That is why when they do come up on EBay they are usually from Argentina, Chile etc.

Their recent disk however was available at a coupel of stores at around 25 bucks. from what I found there were 3 variants (black,cream marbled,clear). Last time I went to a local store they still had 2 cream color copies. I bought one only cause dude who was in charge of area did not know shit about records and took other copied and bent the jacket to shit.