PO: ZOZOBRA - Savage Masters 12"

jhulud

Zozobra - Savage Masters 12" Vinyl

The brainchild of Caleb Scofield (Cave In, Old Man Gloom), ZOZOBRA formed in 2006 and quickly released two crushing full-lengths of atmospheric sludge metal, Harmonic Tremors (2007) and Bird of Prey (2008). Now five years later, the band has re-emerged with Savage Masters, their most aggressive and straightforward release to date. Bursting out the gate with a bold, determined purpose, Savage Masters is an unrelenting fury of post-hardcore ferocity and sludge-tinged amplifier crunch. This release, featuring long-time Cave In bandmates Adam McGrath (guitars) and J.R. Conners (drums), proves once and for all that ZOZOBRA are a veritable force to be reckoned with. Savage Masters was produced and recorded by Andrew Schneider (Unsane, Pelican) and contains stunning artwork by English alchemist Glyn Smyth (Unearthly Trance, Wolves in the Throne Room, Cough). The record comes in a matte coated jacket and includes a 2-sided insert + digital download code. In addition, a very limited run of shirts are available only with this pre-order. **PRE-ORDERS WILL SHIP ON OR BEFORE APRIL 2ND***

Pressing Info:  Limited to 700 Copies: 25 Test Press Packages, 100 Red//Black Split, 150 Clear w/ Pink Haze, 200 Clear, 250 Black **Please Note all test press packages also include a black vinyl**

http://brutalpandarecords.com/shop/zozobra-savage-masters-12-vinyl/

• 1 month later...

My copy of this arrived today, but with a dumb little manufacturing issue - there is a piece of extra plastic essentially melted to the outer rim of the record, but comes back far enough that it impedes playback on the first several rotations of BOTH SIDES.  Sounds nasty.

I shot a very nice email to Brutal Panda already to see if I could score a replacement - anyone ever work with them on any issues?  Do they respond in a semi-timely fashion?

• 2 weeks later...