THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

The seller should have, you know, posted the actual album name instead of other bands.

You should always put as many bands in the title as you can. I personally don't like searching "Thursday" because you get a lot of garbage results.

he used 17 letters to say 'thursday test press'

and 16 to include 'taking back sunday'

But he didn't do that. He put it as TESTPRESS (one word). There should be a space in between them.

The first picture isn't working now, was it working during the auction, because that could also effect it. The seller is either a victory employee or ex victory employee because Billy from Silverstein knew the seller from him working there. So you are getting the real thing. Also, I'd shy away from posting during the holidays.

He also doesn't post on any boards so he is limiting his exposure that way.

can't really believe this, but I'd sell my copy for this much"

Rise Against - Sirens Song of the Counter Culture

$299.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=260704519678&si=tpg3zpqlA%252BjEcai6f0iXh0P8qMI%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Brief / personal recap.

$1,300 is a ridiculous reserve. Reserve, as in, the bare minimum he'll take? To each his own, I guess.

The Siren Song of the Counter Culture that netted $300 was insane. I'm assuming it was a BIN? I remember being iffy about the idea of spending $50+ on that record, way back when. Unless it gets repressed... I doubt I'll ever own it. But I can't say I'm losing sleep over it.

Dude who scored the Full Collapse test press for $26 is my hero.

I bid 800 on it....didn't want to pay more than that. The guy emailed me and said the reserve is at 1300, and that it's valued at 1600.....Way to much...if he wants that much he needs to just sell'em off 1 at a time, and he MIGHT get that much.

With shipping that's like $25 a record. Some of that stuff is worth $50+ each, but I think if you average it out he set the reserve at what he would hope to get if he sold it all individually. I think $800 - $900 is fair. I would pick it up for that price.

Maybe it will go back up w/o a reserve? That would be awesome!

Auction is based in germany, maybe it didn't show up in US/domestic ebay, or you had to click on the "see all matching international items" or something along those lines.

Auction is based in germany, maybe it didn't show up in US/domestic ebay, or you had to click on the "see all matching international items" or something along those lines.

Dude is based in Germany...Auction was listed on ebay US.

Because it's 2010 and how many people are searching for Ignite on ebay? Honestly it's probably not worth a whole lot more than $20 or so. That being said I personally love Ignite.