THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

haha not me, being as I have everything here minus the YFW vinyl, but I have something she doesn't....I have the terribly contagious sampler and the demo cd, but I won't be selling mine. I am waiting 4 the repress of YFW.

The description write-up alone is ridiculous...add to that the price...

you are not allowed to say you are donating money from an auction without jumping though the ebay hoops for donations.

that auction could be shut down pretty easy.

ebay doesn't take well to people trying to pull the heart strings of buyers. they dont mind taking sellers arms and legs but buyers are golden.

I found most amusing how the items are all referred to as "memorabilia"...and:

"This pristine collection is the culmination of my Brand New hoarding and negotiating for nearly a decade - it is by far my life's most prized collection and is an accurate representation of my passion and admiration for these guys and their music."

and

"The merch by itself is worth a couple thousand because of its extreme rarity and nature, not to mention the many years, research, and incredibly hard work and effort I put into this."

Culmination? -- It's not like building the Great Wall of China

Accurate representation of passion for the music? -- I didn't know that owning every single piece of music ever done by a band was a requirement to a big fan of a band...(I know...says the guy who obsessively owns Minus the Bear, Converge, and ISIS records among others).

Extreme rarity and nature...and research? -- I wasn't aware that amassing a BN collection was akin to writing a doctorate thesis

I know...I'm being a hater...but a jaded one who is finding thorough amusement in the sheer ridiculousness of this auction...

I found most amusing how the items are all referred to as "memorabilia"...and:

"This pristine collection is the culmination of my Brand New hoarding and negotiating for nearly a decade - it is by far my life's most prized collection and is an accurate representation of my passion and admiration for these guys and their music."

and

"The merch by itself is worth a couple thousand because of its extreme rarity and nature, not to mention the many years, research, and incredibly hard work and effort I put into this."

Culmination? -- It's not like building the Great Wall of China

Accurate representation of passion for the music? -- I didn't know that owning every single piece of music ever done by a band was a requirement to a big fan of a band...(I know...says the guy who obsessively owns Minus the Bear, Converge, and ISIS records among others).

Extreme rarity and nature...and research? -- I wasn't aware that amassing a BN collection was akin to writing a doctorate thesis

I know...I'm being a hater...but a jaded one who is finding thorough amusement in the sheer ridiculousness of this auction...

haha. that BN auction is ridiculous!

originally he had that brand new auction for $7,000. even at $5,000 that's still over $200 a piece for things you can buy for under $20 in some cases. i made a 99 cent offer to that guy just to piss him off and said in the note something along the lines of "just because you said offers should not be offensive but your $7,000 bin is offensive to everyone." so he of course took the low road and made a counter offer of his BIN price of $7,000, then immediately retracted his counter offer. i suggest everyone here make him ridiculous offers just to annoy the shit of that asshole.

Guest scottyf

I got silverstein's when broken is easily fix on gray putty color /114 for $20 bucks. I've only seen any color of this album a few times before and it's gone for over $50 :D