16RPM

DO YOU LIKE??  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like box sets

• Yes.
    • No.
    • It's just a way to cash in and make everybody rich
    • Who cares?
  2. 2. What would you like to see in a box set??

• Colored Vinyl
    • Exclusive Artwork
    • Unreleased songs
    • As close to the original release as possible
    • Basketball Cards

I hope my comment wasn't taken as "pissy." I was simply asking if others had that problem or if I was hearing things.

Not in the least, from my viewpoint, or anyone else's I'd venture to guess. My main point was that anyone who thought there would be an issue would more than likely handle it in the manner which you did: politely and inquisitively.

Anyone that believes in karma in this world will know that Todd & Debe are due for a nice long massage in the world's coziest ... massage furniture while sipping the finest Barltes & Jaymes' has to offer.

I don't think anyone would take your comment as pissy.

What's a little troubling is someone who hasn't listened to it yet (and I haven't either) calling out someone who hasn't received it yet for suggesting that if there is an issue it's not Todd's fault.

That's very true. It was out of place, and purely my opinion. Although, I feel I would have the same response even after I received this.

I personally feel like we are derailing an incredible release that may very well have not have come into fruition without Todd, with some conversation that has already been addressed, with very much agreeable propositions/resoltutions(please email him! He's made it very clear he's ready and able to work with us).

Positive Pete from here on out, from me!

Does anybody else's copy of Total sound really wonky on the b-side? It sounds like it's warped, but the vinyl is flat as a board. It's mostly noticeable on So Far Away

Am I hearing things? Are others like this?

Yep. Mine is like that. The arm on my turntable sways back and forth. It looks like the record is pressed slightly off center. It's definitely the most obvious on "So Far Away" though.

thanks for posting these.  I've been busy lately, so who knows when I would have noticed that mine is ~off, too

Cross posting everywhere to get the word out:

Important Announcement! Some people have been noticing an issue with Side B of their copy of Total from the box set. If you have this problem, please email us at [email protected] and we will send a replacement. Please let us know within the next two weeks as we have to get replacements cut. This only applies to box sets ordered directly from Clearview. Those who ordered from UYT, Fat or Interpunk will be getting the repressed version so they should not experience this issue.
Please check out your set and let us know as soon as possible.

Does anybody else's copy of Total sound really wonky on the b-side? It sounds like it's warped, but the vinyl is flat as a board. It's mostly noticeable on So Far Away

Am I hearing things? Are others like this?

Yep. Mine is like that. The arm on my turntable sways back and forth. It looks like the record is pressed slightly off center. It's definitely the most obvious on "So Far Away" though.

Is anyone else experiencing this on any of the LPs besides Total?  My copy of Warning Device sounds very similar to Total and gets very warbly on the B side.  Of course, none of my LPs appear to be flat either.  All of them seem slightly bowled and/or pressed slightly off center.  If I put on side A, the center label is slightly raised off the platter, it I put on side B, the edges of the record are all raised.

I've been trying to listen to judge the sound of all 8 records before sending Todd an email about it.  Freak Out, They Came From The Shadows, and Singles A/B sound pretty good, despite the odd appearance when spinning on the record player.  Singles C/D, Another Way, and Live in 06 are okay, but seem slightly shaky in spots, particularly on the B sides.  Total and Warning Device are the worst sounding.  Anyone else see similar flaws?

All this being said, the box set looks amazing and sounds great for the most part.  Definitely appreciate all the work Todd put into this and the Lillingtons set.

Checked all of my records today, and listening to them now. Total is warped sounding on So Far Away, and Warning Device has a rippled edge and some type of weird cut/scratch along a portion of the edge that bleeds into the grooves on one side. The rest of the LPs look and sound great so far. Not really "bowled" more than other records I have either. Gonna go through the rest first though.

^ Pics or it didn't happen

Also Todd and Debe rule with amazing customer service. I listened to the rest of the set today. TOP NOTCH! Also love that Side 4 on the bonus discs is the A-Bomb 7" at 45RPM. That was the cherry on top! Did that guy at Haha Cool ever send out those 7"s anyway? 

Guest user420

About to leave for work so I'll have to post them this evening. I'm dead serious though. I didn't get the 'tie-dye" version but this definitely isn't flourescent green/yellow. #0676