Faith No More - Album Of The Year Still Coming This Year?

agreed love the judgement night soundtrack.

a b-sides album would need: another body, as the worm turns, the world is yours, sweet emotion/perfect crime, cowboy song, the grade, lynch the landlord and das schützenfest. I wouldn't want any of the KFAD bsides on the comp as they're all available on vinyl as it is.

The grade and cowboy song you cd just get on Brixton (which they shd also reissue).

Remixes are surprisingly good.

Especially the Rammstein remix of last cup of sorrow and that one of ashes to ashes that starts off with that "cuz you're the devil you're the demons and you know this. Your music rock n roll is a satanic music"

The grade and cowboy song you cd just get on Brixton (which they shd also reissue).

They are CD and Cassette only bonus tracks just like War Pigs and Edge Of The World, two other songs which could make it onto a B-sides albums IMO.

Remixes are surprisingly good.

I have an exclusive mix on a CD produced via Nimbus in the USA at the behest of Quadim Corporation for Reprise (quite strange that Nimbus was used since they tended to press via SRC). Anyway it doesn't appear anywhere else, just on the promo I picked up. I added it to Youtube last year:

Personally I'd add remixes to a separate LP or two.

For me the B-side project could span several discs:

Sweet Emotion

The Perfect Crime

New Improved Song

I Started A Joke (never pressed on vinyl and was a compilation and single track only).

Absolute Zewro

Greenfields

Spanish Eyes

I wanna Fuck Myself

Let's Lynch The Landlord

Das Schutzenfest

Evidence (Spanish version)

As The Worm Turns

Another Body Murdered

The Big Kahuna

Light Up And Let Go

The following tracks were bonus tracks for the CD and cassette versions and not official pressed as part of the alvbum apart from the Angel Dust ones which were later added to the Mofi pressing of AD and the MOV reissie and could be valid bonus additions to a bigger set:

Edge Of The World

war Pigs

The Grade

Cowboy Song

Crack Hitler

Midnight Cowboy

These tracks were the bonus tracks from Who Cares A Lot and were never comitted to vinyl:

The World Is Yours

Hippie Jam Song

Instrumental

I Won't Forget you

Introduce Yourself (4 Track demo)

Highway Star

Theme From midnight Cowboy (Live)

This Guy's In Love With You (Live).

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the KFAD box set might as well have been pressed on slate. 33rpm 7" is just...gah! it's a good example of 7" 33rpm pressing but that's like saying a person looks good considering they've cut their own face off. In the grand scheme it is woeful.

Seconded! I tracked down the Judgment Night OST on MOV recently mostly for this song, but the majority of it holds up well. An idea ahead of its time. Now to find a clean copy of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey...

I'm unsure where you reside but there's a few copies for sale here:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=2154630&ev=rb N

• 2 weeks later...

not my week... 

second instance of not geting what I paid for..

ordered 3 KFADs (2 for other people).. invoiced and charged for 3.. only received 2. Eagerly awaiting the reply to give up buying overseas and burn my money instead

happy days.. juno records are sending out the missing item. Success!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just gave all four vinyl copies I own a comparative listen. The two Music On Vinyl reissues from 2013, the original 1995 red vinyl UK edition and the original US 1995 edition.

The black and the red marbled Music On Vinyl 2013 reissues are identical. They're stamped with the same plates so this was as expected. I would imagine that as the black run goes on and they produce more, the quality will start to fade. As the red marbled version is limited and already sold out, they should all sound as good as the best black reissue. Music On Vinyl and "Record Industry" have done a good job here. The thing is quite tight sounding, good dynamics but perhaps sounds a little too lean and controlled for my taste.

I then played the original UK red vinyl edition. This was pressed by a company that was responsible for some truly awful records. Any 7" coloured vinyl UK Faith No More record was pressed by them and they are all awful. I'm Easy/Be Aggressive is the worst sounding record I've heard apart from the Mr. Bungle reissues on Plain Recordings. The vinyl mastering and cut wasn't done at Masterdisk by Howie Weinberg like the US vinyl versions and the CD version sent around the world. It was mastered by Jack Adams. The cut is loud, a little looser and very dynamic. There's no sign of problems with bleeding or bottoming out which some say hot records suffer from. This was mastered hot, but not so far as to harm the resulting sound. The record sounds wilder because of this and I prefer it to the Music On Vinyl reissues.

I then played the original US version. Mastered and cut by Masterdisk by Howie Weinberg and pressed by Specialty Records Corporation. More punchy than both the UK red vinyl edition and the two identical reissues, the thing seems more alive. I'm not certain, but I think there's a very subtle pitch increase too.It's mastered hot like the UK version but with better definition and separation. Not as wild as the UK version either but still feral enough to get your blood pumping. In comparison the reissues sound like they're relaxing a touch and lack a bit of vitality. They're still extremely good, it's just that I think the SRC pressing from 1995 is probably perfect offering a balance between the extreme wildness of the UK pressing which is so close to perfect and the MOV reissues which just fall short of greatness.

The issue is the US pressing is quite expensive and so is the UK pressing and given the cost.price discrepancy, the sound improvement which is not massive between all four versions does not mitigate the difference. What I would say is this. If you own one of the original 1995 pressings, you've no need to rush out and get either of the reissues. If you don't own any of them, considering the cost of the originals, the reissues are a very very good buy.

It was off eBay. I think the person fucked up while listing the price, bidding was starting at $26.99 and there was a buy it now for just a dollar more and free shipping. It was like 3am or so when I saw it and thought it was too good to be true but bought it and sure enough it was shipped the next day.