Faith No More - Album Of The Year Still Coming This Year?

Imagine me explaining the above to 828321. Holy smokes.

First, thanks for going through the effort of explaining how you got the fixed disc. I thought you bought it already coupled. I guess I'll have to jump through hoops to get a 'good' black pressing. As for explaining things to me, we only know through observation and everyone has a different experience. I was hoping there'd be an easy way of getting a "fixed" pressing, but sadly it doesn't seem to be the way of thing. I might just buy a sealed copy and ride the rollercoaster.

Ok so I just listened to my copy of AOTY on black from Amazon UK. Well....it sounds amazing! 

They're not shipping new orders of this until late Sept now, I had it on order and I just couldn't wait that long. I ordered it from What Records on Thursday and its already on its way. I can;t wait to hear it. The golden edition- even with the noise (which diminishes with each play btw meaning it's probably a matter of dust and groove polishing) has so much detail. It's a really good pressing so can;t wait for the black.

Got mine too.  Black as well but like I said for $24 shipped, I'll take any color.

Yeah, fuck yeah.

After getting the blue Angel Dust with the glitch and a clear Core with a skip right in the goddamn beginning of Dead and Bloated, I'm pretty wary of any further MOV color variants. This one played perfectly, front to back. 

Yeah, fuck yeah.

After getting the blue Angel Dust with the glitch and a clear Core with a skip right in the goddamn beginning of Dead and Bloated, I'm pretty wary of any further MOV color variants. This one played perfectly, front to back. 

I don't have any issues with my Core and I have an original Angel Dust so I didn't get that reissue.  That being said, this AOTY on black sound slicker than oil.  Probably my favorite FNM album.

Yeah, fuck yeah.

Any idea which Angel Dust version has the glitch just got mine in the mail

Any idea which Angel Dust version has the glitch just got mine in the mail

All versions initially pressed have the glitch. Some people unfamilier with the track cannot hearthe problem, which is good for them.

To see if your record is affected, look at the A/B side record and check the matrices.  

The original/faulty A/B side record had the matrix of "95945 1A MOVLP 813" on side A and "95945 1B MOVLP 813" on side B. The repress which fixed the problem has "95945 2A MOVLP 813" on side A and "95945 2B MOVLP 813" on side B

Has anyone here ordered from acoustic sounds before? I pre-ordered AOY and TRT from them and AOY is still listed as backordered with an arrival date of TBA. Curious to see others' experiences here, if any.

Sadly no experience. All I know is that I ordered mine from What Records on 5th Sept and they shipped it the same day.

Has anyone here ordered from acoustic sounds before? I pre-ordered AOY and TRT from them and AOY is still listed as backordered with an arrival date of TBA. Curious to see others' experiences here, if any.

i ordered my AOTY and TRT from shinybeast.nl.. they, too, send me an invoice each week saying AOTY is reserved and TRT is expected

Sadly no experience. All I know is that I ordered mine from What Records on 5th Sept and they shipped it the same day.

I suspect that, being a UK shop, they got these quicker that some of the smaller USA distributees.

thats where I ordered my Angel Dust from and I didnt have any issues except there was no way for me to track the shipment that could have been Amazon dropping the ball.

Not sure I fathom the Amazon connection, but I'm hopeful this will be my experience as well. I emailed them and haven't heard anything yet. Thanks for the responses all!

I suspect that, being a UK shop, they got these quicker that some of the smaller USA distributees.

Not sure I fathom the Amazon connection, but I'm hopeful this will be my experience as well. I emailed them and haven't heard anything yet. Thanks for the responses all!

I ordered the record through their amazon store and when I would click track shipment it would just keep sending me to my account and not track the shipment

That's where I ordered mine from as well.  I actually called them yesterday and the guy I spoke to still doesn't know when they will be getting them in.  He actually didn't even seem to be familiar with the product; I had to tell him that it was an import.

That's where I ordered mine from as well.  I actually called them yesterday and the guy I spoke to still doesn't know when they will be getting them in.  He actually didn't even seem to be familiar with the product; I had to tell him that it was an import.

That's uninspiring.

I think the only people now shipping the black are those who got the initial order in and didn;t sell it - as What Records did. Even UK firms are now waiting for fullfillment, as Amazon.co.uk were waiting giving a dispatch date of approx 18th September. however as of yesterday they started fulfilling their orders again so this at least is good news in principle for those buying their records from importers as the "2nd wave" of the black vinyl seems to have been released.

I got my AOTY order from Amazon US today... was charged for one... but got two copies.  Any way to tell which what color they are without opening them?  I might just recoup my cost (am broke atm) by selling one... especially if it's a gold copy.

The sticker should say limited color vinyl on it if you got gold.  MOVs usually come in those resealable poly bags so you should be able to open it and still sell it as "new."