Faith No More - Album Of The Year Still Coming This Year?

What Records Email:

"Just to let you know that I've had the Limited Edition Faith No More Coloured Vinyl album The Real Thing in today.

The album on Music on Vinyl is individually numbered in silver.

I got this mailshot too and was taken aback when they said "SILVER". I'm sure it;s a typo. Also The image use for The Real Thing here doesn't do it any justice. Someone added a nice shot on Discogs.

I'm not sure what the sources are, but for one they do sound better than the CD. All of them so far have been excellent. I know that Album Of Thear seems to use a different cut for some of the tracks, but unsure why that is and where they came from. I know that Record industry when pressing these make their own DMMs. They seem to be working closely with Warner on these.

Anyone wondering about the fidelity of a particular Faith No More pressing can safely take 828321's word as gospel. That said, I finally tracked down a gold addition of AOTY to go with my blue AD and they both sound spectacular. The best I've heard either sound within my admittedly limited purview. Cheers!

Anyone wondering about the fidelity of a particular Faith No More pressing can safely take 828321's word as gospel. That said, I finally tracked down a gold addition of AOTY to go with my blue AD and they both sound spectacular. The best I've heard either sound within my admittedly limited purview. Cheers!

Any tips where I could score a gold edition?

I found mine on eBay. I'm not sure of the seller's ID at the moment, but I'll edit this post with it after work. I paid $29.99 for it shipped. The color wasn't noted in the lusting (something that happens surprisingly frequently when a seller isn't aware that there are numerous variants for a record), but I messaged them to ask and a couple of days later the responded it was gold and voila! I've used this method a lot lately and I've had a decent success rate. A bit time consuming, but worth it in the end.

Just to advise that some people including myself had quite a bit of surface noise with the gold record but plenty of people have very clean sounding copies. The black didn't have the noise for me when I say surface noise, it wasn't significant and I enjoyed the gold pressing immensely (more than the original pressing by MPO in 1997) and didn't let it spoil things. The black I raved about and still think it;s great. But, if the gold copy was as good as some people sahy here, then I'd prefer that because "it's purty",

Discgos has lots of golden edition copies for sale:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=4822602&ev=rb

Remember to PM the seller before buying to ensure they definitely have the golden edition if not already stated in their seller notes.

Just to advise that some people including myself had quite a bit of surface noise with the gold record but plenty of people have very clean sounding copies. The black didn't have the noise for me when I say surface noise, it wasn't significant and I enjoyed the gold pressing immensely (more than the original pressing by MPO in 1997) and didn't let it spoil things. The black I raved about and still think it;s great. But, if the gold copy was as good as some people sahy here, then I'd prefer that because "it's purty",

While I admittedly may have the ear of a neophyte, I definitely didn't notice any significant surface noise and I completely agree that it sounds better than my old '97.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for Introduce Yourself. I got  a green The Real Thing delivered from Juno in the UK last week and was surprised that I got #183, such a low number for not ordering immediately and being shipped overseas! 

After this Introduce Yourself, I'll pretty much have all the ones I care to have that I don't already. I've been fortunate enough to have an original press of King For A Day I scored at a record show back in 2003 sealed for like $25 so I've been listening to that all these years and it sounds pretty good.

Inner, high school era me is so happy to finally own all of these Faith No More albums on vinyl.