Lillingtons Box Set Metal Cover Version

16RPM

More metal covers?????  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should I leave the metal covers at 25 or make 50???

• Leave it at the original 25
    • Make 25 more to total 50
    • I could care less

Hey everyone, ok, so I have a question.

There are going to be 25 metal boxed versions of this box set but there are TONS of requests for it.

The band is getting 8 copies, Red Scare is getting 2 copies, I have several freinds who have supported Clearview for many years that are getting copies and so that will eat up 6 or so copies and that will leave around 9 copies to sell to everyone who wants one and so I ask, do I stick to the 25 and nobody really gets one or do I breakdown and do 50 sets with the metal cover and so 25 more people on the forum would have the chance to get one???

I'm asking you to take the survey and put a little thought into this, because I'll do what the survey says....

:)

Cheers All,

Todd

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they would sell quickly for whatever price you wanted so i wouldnt think you would lose money on them.  if you want a run of this where there are 25 versions that are essentially exclusively in the hands of the band and supporters then go with that.  obviously we dont know prices yet, but I know that 25 people on here would be interested in buying this the day of release (including me) so if you made them, they will sell.

edit: with the caveat that I think people woulw would want the "metal box version" and not a white version with a metal box, or something like that.

they would sell quickly for whatever price you wanted so i wouldnt think you would lose money on them.  if you want a run of this where there are 25 versions that are essentially exclusively in the hands of the band and supporters then go with that.  obviously we dont know prices yet, but I know that 25 people on here would be interested in buying this the day of release (including me) so if you made them, they will sell.

edit: with the caveat that I think people woulw would want the "metal box version" and not a white version with a metal box, or something like that.

Note: The metal box version will sell from me for $130.00 and the normal version will sell for $90.00 from me.

So that's $40.00 extra bux for the metal boxed version...

Also, It's really cool that you care enough to get everyone's view on this and go with that.

I would seriously hate for sooo many people to get completely stoked on getting a copy of the metal version and so many people only walk away dissapointed. That defeats the purpose of why I even do these types of releases.. 

I would seriously hate for sooo many people to get completely stoked on getting a copy of the metal version and so many people only walk away dissapointed. That defeats the purpose of why I even do these types of releases.. 

Are you trying to keep the metal boxes as a rare version? Or would you make all 500 metal if you thought that was what people wanted?

If you make rare versions, people will do everything they can to try and get them. Can't have special, rare editions without someone wanting them and not getting them.

If the pressings are going to be rare, then all people ask is fairness. There is no way for someone to bitch if you said "I have 9 metal boxes available. Post if you want one and I will draw names out of a hat." People might say, "damn, I missed". But they just want a fair shot. Or just give them to interpunk and tell them to randomly distribute to 9 orders. That is probably the easiest way to do everything. Do I wish I could take a metal box and distribute 4 more to friends on here for every single record? Of course. I recognize it isn't possible.

I'm sure the word is spreading that you are posting here. More people will show up wanting variants (which is good, just saying). If you want 100 pms from people asking for variants and use your judgement who to give them to, that's cool too. Just saying you are quickly going to get more requests than you have records to fill with everything continuing on the current path.