Lillingtons Box Set Metal Cover Version

16RPM

More metal covers?????  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should I leave the metal covers at 25 or make 50???

• Leave it at the original 25
    • Make 25 more to total 50
    • I could care less

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in the other thread. 10 Pounds. You are looking at close to $100 shipping. Maybe you should just fly to the US once a year and do your record shopping?

10pounds - metal one

I'm curious about regular one now

yeah I think its good idea to save all packages at someone's house and visit him once a year

Are you trying to keep the metal boxes as a rare version? Or would you make all 500 metal if you thought that was what people wanted?

If you make rare versions, people will do everything they can to try and get them. Can't have special, rare editions without someone wanting them and not getting them.

If the pressings are going to be rare, then all people ask is fairness. There is no way for someone to bitch if you said "I have 9 metal boxes available. Post if you want one and I will draw names out of a hat." People might say, "damn, I missed". But they just want a fair shot. Or just give them to interpunk and tell them to randomly distribute to 9 orders. That is probably the easiest way to do everything. Do I wish I could take a metal box and distribute 4 more to friends on here for every single record? Of course. I recognize it isn't possible.

I'm sure the word is spreading that you are posting here. More people will show up wanting variants (which is good, just saying). If you want 100 pms from people asking for variants and use your judgement who to give them to, that's cool too. Just saying you are quickly going to get more requests than you have records to fill with everything continuing on the current path.

OK

10pounds - metal one

I'm curious about regular one now

yeah I think its good idea to save all packages at someone's house and visit him once a year

I wouldn't have a problem if you wanted to ship a bunch of records to my house and then I ship one large package over every couple months or so.

You would have to paypal everything as a gift though. I'm not taking any risks regarding lost or damaged packages doing someone else a favor.

You should let me pre-order one to help fund it.

this :)

but seriously though, will there be a pre-order or some way to reserve the metal boxes before they're actually ready?  I'm fine putting money down and waiting for a bit, but I wouldn't want to miss out on another variant because I'm waiting for the metal box, only to not be picked for that, too.  a side question for this is probably "are you going to limit these to one boxset (of any variant) per person?"

Honestly having more of the Metal Boxes made is probably the best thing to do.  There is enough hype over this release where I don't think your going to have any issue selling any of the Variants in no time at all.  Other than maybe the one sided, don't know how sought after that would be.  If you want to keep the Black Metal box as a /25 then maybe think about colored metal box that is also /25.  (Gun Barrel Grey goes well with Pink but that is just me wanting my favorite color) Not trying to tell you what to do, I've just gotten sucked into this whole deal and am actually now really excited for this release. 

I'm actually really curious how quickly the standard edition will be available before sellout.  I don't know enough about the band or fanbase to know that.

I think that you should stick with the original /25 metal boxes. However, with that being said I think if the demand is high enough you should make another press of metal box sets, but make them a tiny bit different. I kind of like the idea of owning one of the 1st press metal boxes :) 

Yes, I'm fully aware that I am a prick haha

Well I think there are 500 DBT original presses and it sells for $100 on ebay so there is definitely a fair amount of demand.

At the same time, box sets don't sell out as quick in general. The high price tag keeps some from buying multiples and there are people that don't need the entire box set who will pass.

My prediction is that it sells out in a day or so but it's not going to be one of those things where you hit F5 and it's sold out already. If you have a system where you will know about it within a couple hours, you are safe, assuming you just want a box not a certain variant.

I think that you should stick with the original /25 metal boxes. However, with that being said I think if the demand is high enough you should make another press of metal box sets, but make them a tiny bit different. I kind of like the idea of owning one of the 1st press metal boxes :) 

Yes, I'm fully aware that I am a prick haha

This is actually the exact sentiment that made me mention the possibility of just coating the metal box another color.  I don't think it's neccesary but that way you maintain the "integrity" of the original /25 metal box idea.

Well I think there are 500 DBT original presses and it sells for $100 on ebay so there is definitely a fair amount of demand.

At the same time, box sets don't sell out as quick in general. The high price tag keeps some from buying multiples and there are people that don't need the entire box set who will pass.

My prediction is that it sells out in a day or so but it's not going to be one of those things where you hit F5 and it's sold out already. If you have a system where you will know about it within a couple hours, you are safe, assuming you just want a box not a certain variant.

Most boxes seem to be quite overpriced though.  This boxset seems way to reasonably priced.

Reduce demand, raise prices.

Reduce demand, raise prices.

Are you trying to keep the metal boxes as a rare version? Or would you make all 500 metal if you thought that was what people wanted?

If you make rare versions, people will do everything they can to try and get them. Can't have special, rare editions without someone wanting them and not getting them.

If the pressings are going to be rare, then all people ask is fairness. There is no way for someone to bitch if you said "I have 9 metal boxes available. Post if you want one and I will draw names out of a hat." People might say, "damn, I missed". But they just want a fair shot. Or just give them to interpunk and tell them to randomly distribute to 9 orders. That is probably the easiest way to do everything. Do I wish I could take a metal box and distribute 4 more to friends on here for every single record? Of course. I recognize it isn't possible.

I'm sure the word is spreading that you are posting here. More people will show up wanting variants (which is good, just saying). If you want 100 pms from people asking for variants and use your judgement who to give them to, that's cool too. Just saying you are quickly going to get more requests than you have records to fill with everything continuing on the current path.

i know that im not the only one thinking this, but no one else has said it. so i will

youre being a total cocksucker about this whole release it seems. its almost like youre TRYING to find something to bitch about with this. Youre the only negative person in this thread. i feel like you need to leave this thread be and let the others that actually love what hes doing appreciate it and not be such a downer.

what todd is doing is great, hes interacting with his customers and asking opinions, he wants to make sure the fans get what they want. what other label does that? there isnt one!

OK, that settles it, 25 more metal sets so the details will be as shown below:

THESE ARE NOT AVAILABLE YET, THIS IS ONLY FOR YOUR INFORMATION!!!!!

• 1 through 50 are the metal covers version (records are florescent green and the records are pressed on 250 gram vinyl)
  • 476 through 500 are the 12 record set. One record is side one with music on it with a blank side two and the other record is blank side one and music on side two.
  • 76 through 100 are the tie dye version. no two records are alike.
  • 101 through 125 are the bagged version that comes in a silk screened black denim bag with a zipper and a velcroed flap. The zipper pull is actually a custom built Lillingtons letter L. All the vinyl is pure white.
  • 101 through 475 are the regular version. All the records are colored vinyl and are color coordinated with the release it's pressed for.

Glad to see another 25 are being made! High fives all round! 

I think you should meet the demand. If half of the production is already reserved for the band, friends and employees, that hurt true fans and  as a result you will see some ridiculous eBay flipping. I don't know if you're locked into pressings by the 25 count, but why not offer a special pre-order for the metal set with a few leftover for late comers or tossing on eBay to finance further projects.

OK, that settles it, 25 more so there can be a total of 50 metal boxed versions.

So the discography on this release will read as follows:

THESE ARE NOT AVAILABLE YET, THIS IS ONLY FOR YOUR INFORMATION!!!!!

• 1 through 50 are the metal covers version (records are florescent green and the records are pressed on 250 gram vinyl)
  • 51 through 100 are the tie dye version. no two records are alike.
  • 101 through 125 are the bagged version that comes in a silk screened black denim bag with a zipper and a velcroed flap. The zipper pull is actually a custom built Lillingtons letter L. All the vinyl is pure white.
  • 126 through 475 are the regular version. All the records are colored vinyl and are color coordinated with the release it's pressed for.
  • 476 through 500 are the 12 record set. One record is side one with music on it with a blank side two and the other record is blank side one and music on side two.